SatNav News Thread

Currently reading:
SatNav News Thread

Tomtom One Xl Revealed!!

This is the Sat Nav News Thread!

All the old news has been comiled here and all the new news will be added when found.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Annoyed that you want the features (and price tag) of a TT1 but you want the same screen as the 910...

well your wished have been answered with the new TT one XL.

ttonexl2.jpg

ttonexl1.jpg

ttonexl3.jpg

and i think that looks like a tomtom traffic reciever there... so perhaps a bundeled launch package to rival garmins Trafic system...

i'll keep you guys, as usual FULLY updated,
Owen

Last edited:
New Tomtom Facia system...

Tomtom Seem to be developing a new sat nav unit that locks in to a dashboard of a car and can be take out similar to how you would a HU in a car.

it looks like there is space for an ipod? so expect ipod control...

new-tomtom-1.jpg

it may not be legit... but if i hear anymore i'll post it...

Re: New Tomtom Facia system...

The FCC have just been looking at a new menu system... it would make sence for it to belong to this unit aswell..
new-tomtom-3.jpg

EDIT:Ok i've found the unit:

been rumoured "SD, Bluetooth dialing and voice SMS, sexy new interface tweaks, a new docking system, control your iPod and play tunes from a USB storage device" plus from what the menu seems, a radio aswell... i think this will be a din or double din sized unit to replace a standard stereo...

if so

Kudos TT on that idea!!

mystery-tomtom.jpg

Last edited:
Yet another New TomTom. TT 715

TomTom-Go-715.jpg

supposedly very similar to the 710.. but with a simcard slot to allow a user to make calls and send texts from it...

personally i dont see that feature being important... i mean thats what we have mobiles for right?(y)

Navman Price drop and new Units to be released soon.

Navman have recently (today) slashed prices of their current units, and told me of new units they plan on releasing soon.

they are basically extending the F20 range

bringing out a unit for £179.99 called the F20 Europe (to rival the TT1 Europe)

then they are bringing out a unit called the F30 which is basically an F20 with a traffic modual included. this will retail for £199.99

the final member of the family is the F50, which is an F20 with the traffic modual and a bluetooth modual (made by Parrot) which willl retial for £229.99.

Sounds good for the price... especially the F50...

i guess it's just a shame they will be a heap of crap like all the other navman units. (n)

Re: Yet another New TomTom. TT 715

TomTom 715 now official.

Designed for Business users the 715 has a sim card slot and sends information back to a main computer system running software called Tomtom Webfleet, this will be able to keep track of delivered packages, locations of the fleet and times of which the drivers are driving.

So, pretty pointless for the single user... but for a company, it might be a sound invvestment to keep track of vehicles and parcels.

also pretty useless to crimnals... as it will report their position back to the people who own it :p

Details Here

Re: Yet another New TomTom. TT 715

few big haulage firms do not already have in cab tracking, but i guess for a small business with only a few vehicles this could be a useful alternative, kind of an "all in one" portable solution.

TomTom Rider 2 Accedentily put on website :D

If you have a motorbike, and are having trouble getting hold of a TT rider (as they are discontinued) this morning for a short while TomTom put a flash animation of the NEW tomtom Rider on it's site.

With a brand new mount, but the unit seems almost identical...

Info Here

Tom Tom "Car Connect"

This little box with transfer audio data from your tom tom to your car audio system, via bluetooth, the box (price TBA) will be availible soon hopefully a small price tag.
I would imagine it would connect via an iso lead similar to bluetooth hands free kits. (y)

Back