Register Login
Save up to 15% with Adrian Flux insurance!
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-01-2017   #286
Aim for 100%, accept 95%
 
Pandani's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Lisburn
Posts: 102
Thanks: 2
Trader Rating: 0
Pandani has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: 1993 Fiat Panda Fizz "Pandino"

Firstly, many thanks to FDNY21, lukmek and blu73 for all your assistance; it's all been beneficial. I still, despite many attempts, don't know how to send a 'thanks' rating to members that I see on members' posts. I'm sure it's easy and probably staring me in the face.

I only need four of them. I measured the square holes in the door and they're 9mm, possibly 10mm (due to paint thickness) so I know now what to be getting, pity Partsworld is out of them but ebay looks like the next port of call.
Likes FDNY21, lukmek liked this post
__________________
Corroded door bottoms.......the hallmark of a genuine Panda.
'90 Panda 1000CL,'05 Punto 1.2 8v,'10 Alfa Mito 1.4 135
Pandani is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 10-01-2017   #287
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 959
Thanks: 50
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
Re: 1993 Fiat Panda Fizz "Pandino"

Quote Originally Posted by Pandani View Post
Firstly, many thanks to FDNY21, lukmek and blu73 for all your assistance; it's all been beneficial. I still, despite many attempts, don't know how to send a 'thanks' rating to members that I see on members' posts. I'm sure it's easy and probably staring me in the face.



I only need four of them. I measured the square holes in the door and they're 9mm, possibly 10mm (due to paint thickness) so I know now what to be getting, pity Partsworld is out of them but ebay looks like the next port of call.

Let me see with the part number if I can locate them
Maybe I could do a bulk-buy for other members if there is interest
I would def get 12 for my use/spares
If you would like to reply to my thread panda parts request we can see if there is enough demand
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

lukmek is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 10-01-2017   #288
I choose you!
 
blu73's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Pallet Town
Posts: 16,431
Thanks: 337
Trader Rating: 2
blu73 has donated!
Snowboard Slalom Champion, Skate Boarder Champion
United Kingdom 
Re: 1993 Fiat Panda Fizz "Pandino"

thanks option is not available in Members Motors section, thats why you can't see it, only like and dislike

As FDNY21 says, try dropping Partsworld an email to see if they can get any in, and its worth ringing your nearest fiat dealer to ask them too.. Depending on who answers the phone you may insist on a chassis number but the eper can search by part number so you can just say you have the part number of the bit you need and that often works - but worth having your V5 to hand incase they insist on chassis number.

That or scour ebay for something suitable - will be something somewhere, just finding the right search terms.
Likes Pandani, lukmek liked this post
__________________
Charmander - Panda Mania 1242 mpi 8v - thread
Sully - 500 1.3 Mjet - thread
Oberyn - Suzuki Ignis Sport - thread
Some previous cars: Alfa 159, Bravo HGT, Cinq 16v, Sei Turbo, Punto GT

Last edited by blu73; 10-01-2017 at 16:33.
blu73 is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 10-01-2017   #289
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 959
Thanks: 50
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
Re: 1993 Fiat Panda Fizz "Pandino"

Found it!!!
0.85 each... but minimum order of 40!
Attached Images
 
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides


Last edited by lukmek; 10-01-2017 at 17:17.
lukmek is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 10-01-2017   #290
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 959
Thanks: 50
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
Re: 1993 Fiat Panda Fizz "Pandino"

number 6
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	emaps.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	131.0 KB
ID:	175639  
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

lukmek is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 11-01-2017   #291
Aim for 100%, accept 95%
 
Pandani's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Lisburn
Posts: 102
Thanks: 2
Trader Rating: 0
Pandani has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: 1993 Fiat Panda Fizz "Pandino"

Quote Originally Posted by blu73 View Post
thanks option is not available in Members Motors section, thats why you can't see it, only like and dislike

As FDNY21 says, try dropping Partsworld an email to see if they can get any in, and its worth ringing your nearest fiat dealer to ask them too.. Depending on who answers the phone you may insist on a chassis number but the eper can search by part number so you can just say you have the part number of the bit you need and that often works - but worth having your V5 to hand incase they insist on chassis number.

That or scour ebay for something suitable - will be something somewhere, just finding the right search terms.
Thanks for letting me know about the unavailability of saying 'thanks' on Members' Motors, it was doing my head in a few times.

I'm going to try Partsworld tomorrow for rear suspension springs so will ask about the screw clips even though I know they're shown as being out of stock. I've also stuck myself down for four on lukmek's Panda parts thread as they'll be good to have even if I get some soon.
__________________
Corroded door bottoms.......the hallmark of a genuine Panda.
'90 Panda 1000CL,'05 Punto 1.2 8v,'10 Alfa Mito 1.4 135
Pandani is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #292
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Wiltshire
Posts: 450
Thanks: 6
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
Re: 1993 Fiat Panda Fizz "Pandino"

So, about that scratch I made in the boot with the garage door. It now has a couple more coats of paint on it, and I've now put a couple of clear coats on as well. Now I can stop thinking about what I did

I recently obtained a fire extinguisher and I was wondering where would be the best place to mount it. I tried to mount it under the front of the seat but it ended up pushing up the seat adjuster, so right now it is mounted under the rear of the passenger seat. It works really well actually! Perfect in fact, until I sat in the back and put the chair back down and realised that it was crushing my toes. Back to the drawing board, but seeing as how I rarely take more than one or two other people at most, it will be fine for now... if anyone gets any ideas, let me know, but I wouldn't like to drill any holes

Complimentary picture of Pandino lurking in the garage
Click image for larger version

Name:	135315135.JPG
Views:	11
Size:	6.44 MB
ID:	176343
__________________
FDNY21 is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #293
Aim for 100%, accept 95%
 
Pandani's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Lisburn
Posts: 102
Thanks: 2
Trader Rating: 0
Pandani has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: 1993 Fiat Panda Fizz "Pandino"

Believe it or not I'm looking to install an extinguisher too. I haven't got it yet but I plan to fit it behind the fabric dashboard on the passenger side, with the bracket self-tap screwed into the underside of the flat (table top like) section of the bulkhead that can be seen within the engine bay after the sound insulation that goes across the engine bay is removed. This will mean the extinguisher will be mounted upside down, but should be easily removed when required by pulling it downwards (towards the floor) out of its bracket whilst leaning across from the driver's seat.

A photo of what I'm describing would be better and I'll try and do that tomorrow. I think it's the best place to hide it without having it taking up space, and putting it in the boot's no good as you'll end up wasting valuable seconds getting out to unlock the boot; having it to hand when your driving is what you want when smoke starts rising from the bonnet.

I'm thinking a 2kg powder will fit in nicely which is a bit bigger than the usual but seeing as there's the space under there to accommodate it, I may as well. Pity halon's no longer available (green coloured) as it being a gas left no mess, unlike powder which really gets everywhere.
Likes FDNY21 liked this post
__________________
Corroded door bottoms.......the hallmark of a genuine Panda.
'90 Panda 1000CL,'05 Punto 1.2 8v,'10 Alfa Mito 1.4 135
Pandani is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #294
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Wiltshire
Posts: 450
Thanks: 6
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
Re: 1993 Fiat Panda Fizz "Pandino"

Quote Originally Posted by Pandani View Post
Believe it or not I'm looking to install an extinguisher too. I haven't got it yet but I plan to fit it behind the fabric dashboard on the passenger side, with the bracket self-tap screwed into the underside of the flat (table top like) section of the bulkhead that can be seen within the engine bay after the sound insulation that goes across the engine bay is removed. This will mean the extinguisher will be mounted upside down, but should be easily removed when required by pulling it downwards (towards the floor) out of its bracket whilst leaning across from the driver's seat.

A photo of what I'm describing would be better and I'll try and do that tomorrow. I think it's the best place to hide it without having it taking up space, and putting it in the boot's no good as you'll end up wasting valuable seconds getting out to unlock the boot; having it to hand when your driving is what you want when smoke starts rising from the bonnet.

I'm thinking a 2kg powder will fit in nicely which is a bit bigger than the usual but seeing as there's the space under there to accommodate it, I may as well. Pity halon's no longer available (green coloured) as it being a gas left no mess, unlike powder which really gets everywhere.
Hmm... I know the general area you mean, but a specific picture would be great. Whenever you have time, it would be much appreciated, as I may consider using the same general area. That sounds like an area much more out the way so not restrictive on passengers, but also easy enough to grab in an emergency

Where I currently have mine is really restrictive right now, so if I carry more than two extra passengers it will have to be put in the pouch section at the front! I rarely carry any/many passengers so it's okay in the meantime while I find a better place. Sounds like you may have the solution!

The one I have is a 1kg powder, didn't want anything too big - got it on discount from where I work and has a service life of 5 years. Yes, powder does make a mess if used (hopefully never have to use it), though it is effective and it can be hosed off afterwards.
__________________
FDNY21 is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #295
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 8
Thanks: 0
Trader Rating: 0
Belgium 
Re: 1993 Fiat Panda Fizz "Pandino"

Mine came with the extinguisher in the "center console" under the dashboard, fits ok there and you wouldn't notice it's there when using the car.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20160214_172057.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	1.99 MB
ID:	176377  
Likes FDNY21 liked this post
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

jarnowke is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #296
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 121
Thanks: 3
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
Re: 1993 Fiat Panda Fizz "Pandino"

Ok guys if the cone is removed it will have a bps thread using hydraulic hose it can be piped to the engine or electrical areas
2 out let's ar possible if a tee pice is fitted then the lengths ar kept similar he handle can then be operated with a bike cable or similar the punto red bonnet catch handle looks great it's red. Fully remote
No good though if you barbecue in the tail gate !!!!
Likes FDNY21 liked this post
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

Sjvarley is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #297
Aim for 100%, accept 95%
 
Pandani's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Lisburn
Posts: 102
Thanks: 2
Trader Rating: 0
Pandani has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: 1993 Fiat Panda Fizz "Pandino"

Quote Originally Posted by FDNY21 View Post
Hmm... I know the general area you mean, but a specific picture would be great. Whenever you have time, it would be much appreciated, as I may consider using the same general area. That sounds like an area much more out the way so not restrictive on passengers, but also easy enough to grab in an emergency
I've attached a few photos of the area I'm talking about and how intent to fit mine. I know you previously stated you didn't want to be drilling holes, but it's probably the only way you'll fit the extinguisher in a place that's handy in an emergency and at the same time isn't rolling about and in the way. I'm using the one out of my Alfa to illustrate as I've not yet got one for Pandani. The Panda's actually quite good in having this void below the dashboard, a lot of modern cars are too well stuffed with things to enable anything else to go under there.

This is the flat area of the bulkhead within the engine bay below which the extinguisher bracket will be fitted.
Click image for larger version

Name:	20170122_113621.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	4.60 MB
ID:	176398

This is the underside of the above mentioned area, its to this the bracket will be secured by two nuts and bolts after drilling through the black sound deadening and the flat area of the bulkhead; was going to use self tappers but think nuts and bolts are better job to avoid sharp end of screws poking out into engine bay.
Click image for larger version

Name:	20170122_113840.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	9.28 MB
ID:	176399

This is the extinguisher held in the position it's proposed to be installed under the bulkhead.
Click image for larger version

Name:	20170122_113929.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	7.53 MB
ID:	176400

This shows the orienation of the extinguisher (laid on floor as not yet fitted) with the bracket uppermost as if it has just fallen from it's fitted position, the extinguisher's operating levers will be closest to the driver seat so I can easily lean across and pull it downwards out of its bracket should the need arise.
Click image for larger version

Name:	20170122_114032.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	6.63 MB
ID:	176401

Hope this helps.

It's just occurred to me that maybe your Panda may have an ECU on the passenger side that may prevent you fitting yours in this position. Am I correct? In any event just double check there's no cables or anything behind the sound deadening before you drill.

Also, you should maybe drill the bracket's hole that will be closest to the passenger door before drilling the second hole nearest the heater matrix, that way you can measure/gauge where the second hole will penetrate and avoid drilling into the heater matrix or it's casing.
Likes FDNY21 liked this post
__________________
Corroded door bottoms.......the hallmark of a genuine Panda.
'90 Panda 1000CL,'05 Punto 1.2 8v,'10 Alfa Mito 1.4 135
Pandani is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #298
Aim for 100%, accept 95%
 
Pandani's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Lisburn
Posts: 102
Thanks: 2
Trader Rating: 0
Pandani has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: 1993 Fiat Panda Fizz "Pandino"

Quote Originally Posted by Sjvarley View Post
Ok guys if the cone is removed it will have a bps thread using hydraulic hose it can be piped to the engine or electrical areas
I think what you're describing is a bit like an automatic extinguisher using a CO2 type installed with it's horn removed and then a hose taken from it to the engine bay only with a manual operation; never seen it done but it's a good idea.

I've seen this done though. This is what binhoker did with an old 2kg CO2 extinguisher and a steel tube filled with bush cuttings. Watch from 8 minutes into the video to see the finished rocket goes like.

__________________
Corroded door bottoms.......the hallmark of a genuine Panda.
'90 Panda 1000CL,'05 Punto 1.2 8v,'10 Alfa Mito 1.4 135
Pandani is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #299
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 121
Thanks: 3
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
Re: 1993 Fiat Panda Fizz "Pandino"

Ok if you remove the cone / horn ithen making it remote could be mounted almost any position i.e. Ibehind the heater inlet or on the inner wing using the cable operation
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

Sjvarley is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #300
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Wiltshire
Posts: 450
Thanks: 6
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
Re: 1993 Fiat Panda Fizz "Pandino"

Quote Originally Posted by Sjvarley View Post
Ok guys if the cone is removed it will have a bps thread using hydraulic hose it can be piped to the engine or electrical areas
2 out let's ar possible if a tee pice is fitted then the lengths ar kept similar he handle can then be operated with a bike cable or similar the punto red bonnet catch handle looks great it's red. Fully remote
No good though if you barbecue in the tail gate !!!!
That's pretty clever for an automatic engine extinguisher, though I just want the handheld one set up somewhere easy for access to any where on the car, just in case
Quote Originally Posted by Pandani View Post
Snip
Ahh I see, so instead of being directly in front of passenger's legs it's essentially above their legs. Thanks for the pictures too, big help there!

Yes, my ECU is positioned there however, so I'm not sure how feasible it would be. There still might be enough room, or there may not be, I'd need to check.

That's some food for thought, I'll have a look when I next play around with the extinguisher

---

Also been looking at getting a dashcam for Pandino. I've been having a look, trying to find one that has good quality but doesn't cost an arm and a leg too...
__________________
FDNY21 is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Reply
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Panda (Classic) Panda Panda's Black CLX "LULO" or "Luton" panda panda Members Motors 12 02-04-2016 23:41
Panda (Classic) 1993 Fiat Panda 999cc spi Fizz Dacobra Members Motors 2 21-02-2016 12:57