Register Login
FIAT Auto Specialist Team
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-10-2010   #1
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: derby
Posts: 28
Thanks: 1
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
Question remote keyfob programming

i have bought a fiat 500 flip key hoping i could program the remote to work my central locking on my 98 hgt... i seem to be having some trouble, and have asked the question on boo and have mixed replys, is there any way i can get it programmed to work my central locking..?
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides | FAQs

simon bravo is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 07-10-2010   #2
www.partsworld-uk.com
 
Partsworld UK's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Chesterfield
Posts: 77
Thanks: 10
Trader Rating: 3
Partsworld UK has donated!
Partsworld UK is an official FF Advertiser
United Kingdom 
Re: remote keyfob programming

Im dont think theres any way of coding a 500 key to the Bravo/a remote cdl.
Its hard enough coding the correct key in as most cars now dont have the remote code passes on
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides | FAQs

Partsworld UK is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 08-10-2010   #3
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: derby
Posts: 28
Thanks: 1
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
Re: remote keyfob programming

I have the code and I only want to use it for the central locking... And the alarm key switch in the fuse box, I don't have the key to this. Is it possible to join the wires at the back to a switch or just join them together with blade connectors or something
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides | FAQs

simon bravo is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 08-10-2010   #4
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 1,833
Thanks: 103
Trader Rating: 1
JoskeJTD has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: remote keyfob programming

Quote Originally Posted by simon bravo View Post
I have the code and I only want to use it for the central locking... And the alarm key switch in the fuse box, I don't have the key to this. Is it possible to join the wires at the back to a switch or just join them together with blade connectors or something
As I said on FB it wont work with the Fiat 500 key.

On the later models the alarm key switch was removed. Not sure how it works but if the alarm key switch is set to on why mess with it? Also wouldn't it be very easy for car criminals to turn the alarm off if all they had to do was join two wires? Maybe??? Hence why it was removed. But I aint got a clue.

To get your alarm rcl working, you need to make sure that your ceiling light receiver is in working order and not knackered. Do the lights flash when you press the small button in?

You need a 4 digit code to a working key to open the alarm system. If not try datarecall (http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/datarecall/) he might be able to help at a small price. Or send a private message to reddy4bed on this forum.
Thanks simon bravo thanked for this post
__________________

Last edited by JoskeJTD; 08-10-2010 at 09:31.
JoskeJTD is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 08-10-2010   #5
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: derby
Posts: 28
Thanks: 1
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
Re: remote keyfob programming

Quote Originally Posted by JoskeJTD View Post
As I said on FB it wont work with the Fiat 500 key.

On the later models the alarm key switch was removed. Not sure how it works but if the alarm key switch is set to on why mess with it? Also wouldn't it be very easy for car criminals to turn the alarm off if all they had to do was join two wires? Maybe??? Hence why it was removed. But I aint got a clue.

To get your alarm rcl working, you need to make sure that your ceiling light receiver is in working order and not knackered. Do the lights flash when you press the small button in?

You need a 4 digit code to a working key to open the alarm system. If not try datarecall (http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/datarecall/) he might be able to help at a small price. Or send a private message to reddy4bed on this forum.
i dont know wether the alarm switch is on or off thats why i was wondering if i could join the wires at the back or not... yes the reciever is working fine it has a green light that flashes...
then i start to press the 4 digit code in what i have with my red key and it blinks after every number of presses, but then when ive finished the last press it does nothing...

the shop on ebay said that it would work woth my car, and he sells loads of keys... i'll pm reddy4bed and link him to this thread to see if he could shed any light, thanks for all your help tho
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides | FAQs

simon bravo is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 08-10-2010   #6
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 1,833
Thanks: 103
Trader Rating: 1
JoskeJTD has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: remote keyfob programming

Quote Originally Posted by simon bravo View Post
i dont know wether the alarm switch is on or off thats why i was wondering if i could join the wires at the back or not... yes the reciever is working fine it has a green light that flashes...
then i start to press the 4 digit code in what i have with my red key and it blinks after every number of presses, but then when ive finished the last press it does nothing...

the shop on ebay said that it would work woth my car, and he sells loads of keys... i'll pm reddy4bed and link him to this thread to see if he could shed any light, thanks for all your help tho
After you've put the last digit in you need to press the single button on the blue key. If the light goes out instantly then the code is wrong or not recognised in the system.

If the ebayer seller told ya that then ask them how? I bet he doesn't have a clue, they'll prob say 'take it to Fiat to be reprogrammed'. Or by saying it works in your car, i.e. the key can be cut to fit the ignition and start the car but the rcl/alarm wont. Afterall the car has a single pulse to open and lock the car from a single button. Three buttons means you have one to lock, one to close and one for the boot. Thats three different signals. Wont work.

I'd get a refund on the key and see what alternatives reddy4bed can offer.
Thanks simon bravo thanked for this post
__________________
JoskeJTD is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 09-10-2010   #7
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: derby
Posts: 28
Thanks: 1
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
Re: remote keyfob programming

Quote Originally Posted by JoskeJTD View Post
After you've put the last digit in you need to press the single button on the blue key. If the light goes out instantly then the code is wrong or not recognised in the system.

If the ebayer seller told ya that then ask them how? I bet he doesn't have a clue, they'll prob say 'take it to Fiat to be reprogrammed'. Or by saying it works in your car, i.e. the key can be cut to fit the ignition and start the car but the rcl/alarm wont. Afterall the car has a single pulse to open and lock the car from a single button. Three buttons means you have one to lock, one to close and one for the boot. Thats three different signals. Wont work.

I'd get a refund on the key and see what alternatives reddy4bed can offer.
ok mate i've pm'd him and am waiting for his reply i hope i can get it working thanks
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides | FAQs

simon bravo is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 09-10-2010   #8
Speedbump grimacer
 
Adrian Bravo's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: North West
Posts: 4,253
Thanks: 160
Blog Entries: 3
Trader Rating: 1
Adrian Bravo has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: remote keyfob programming

Is there enough room to strip the 500 fob then wire your original RCL circuit board onto one of the switches? Thats what I was going to try but I have not found a fob cheap enough yet and im not that fussed about doing it at the moment.

Will be interesting to see if ready4bed can make the 500 fob transmit the right signal. If the carrier frequency is different he probably cant help because that will be determined by a component on the circuit board.
__________________

Parts Wanted. I will consider any new original Fiat Bravo parts and 1.8 specific parts you have for sale.

My 1996 1.8 Fiat Bravo HLX in Ink Black

Adrian Bravo is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 10-10-2010   #9
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: derby
Posts: 28
Thanks: 1
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
Re: remote keyfob programming

it's not looking very likely at the min... the keys working fine i just need to doctor the remote or switch the reciever somehow i dunno... maybe it could be programmed im at a loose end.. also would the alarm switch in the glove box stop me from programming keys..? i dont have the key and am not sure weather its on or off...
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides | FAQs

simon bravo is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Reply
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
(T) remote key programming bandido41 Bravo / Brava 71 20-09-2013 13:22
remote keyfob programming simon bravo Tech Talk 3 06-10-2010 18:54
remote programming/modification dnLcal Lets Talk FIAT 4 20-09-2007 08:25
(G) Second remote keyfob? Trefor Panda 4 15-04-2007 09:46
(G) Remote keyfob weirdness Pat H Ulysse 0 24-03-2007 17:11