Register Login
The UK's No.1 Chrysler Owners Forum
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-09-2015   #1
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 67
Thanks: 2
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
3 weeks later...ANOTHER issue...

hello again everyone, well after all the work thats been done on my AGP a few weeks ago I've started to fall in love with it again until this week... on start up i'm getting "hillholder,ABS and EDB unavailible", I've read up that this could be a battery issue which i'm buying on my next payday and just wondering if any other sort of faults have been known to be connected to it ?
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

daryl88 is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 10-09-2015   #2
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Wiltshire, UK
Posts: 88
Thanks: 2
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
Re: 3 weeks later...ANOTHER issue...

Quote Originally Posted by daryl88 View Post
hello again everyone, well after all the work thats been done on my AGP a few weeks ago I've started to fall in love with it again until this week... on start up i'm getting "hillholder,ABS and EDB unavailible", I've read up that this could be a battery issue which i'm buying on my next payday and just wondering if any other sort of faults have been known to be connected to it ?
Hi Daryl, I assume you have checked the earth points? if not that could save you the price of a new battery!
Thanks daryl88 thanked for this post
Likes daryl88 liked this post
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

LordFox1998 is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 10-09-2015   #3
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 67
Thanks: 2
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
Re: 3 weeks later...ANOTHER issue...

Quote Originally Posted by LordFox1998 View Post
Hi Daryl, I assume you have checked the earth points? if not that could save you the price of a new battery!

Not yet bud, chucked it on the drive this morning, i'll have a poke around this afternoon.
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

daryl88 is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 10-09-2015   #4
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 67
Thanks: 2
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
Re: 3 weeks later...ANOTHER issue...

had a look about in the engine bay a few hours ago,checked the earthing points and everything seems in order,litterally got back from Asda a few minutes ago, on the way there the same notificactions popped up, then on the way home on started up everything seemed fine then 10 mins later they popped back up... gonna try a new battery and see where that gets me.
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

daryl88 is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 11-09-2015   #5
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Wiltshire, UK
Posts: 88
Thanks: 2
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
Re: 3 weeks later...ANOTHER issue...

Quote Originally Posted by daryl88 View Post
had a look about in the engine bay a few hours ago,checked the earthing points and everything seems in order,litterally got back from Asda a few minutes ago, on the way there the same notificactions popped up, then on the way home on started up everything seemed fine then 10 mins later they popped back up... gonna try a new battery and see where that gets me.
Fair enough, earths were worth checking though as they can throw up spurious errors if they are dirty/corroded! Good luck!
Thanks daryl88 thanked for this post
Likes daryl88 liked this post
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

LordFox1998 is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 11-09-2015   #6
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 67
Thanks: 2
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
Re: 3 weeks later...ANOTHER issue...

Quote Originally Posted by LordFox1998 View Post
Fair enough, earths were worth checking though as they can throw up spurious errors if they are dirty/corroded! Good luck!

Aye cheers tho ,every little bit of help is greatly appreciated as i've never owned a fiat before so i'm still learning all about them, gonna start with changing the battery over first, also been looking at diagnostic kits on ebay so i can find out fault codes instead of paying £55 quid for a garage to do it.
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

daryl88 is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 11-09-2015   #7
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Wiltshire, UK
Posts: 88
Thanks: 2
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
Re: 3 weeks later...ANOTHER issue...

Quote Originally Posted by daryl88 View Post
Aye cheers tho ,every little bit of help is greatly appreciated as i've never owned a fiat before so i'm still learning all about them, gonna start with changing the battery over first, also been looking at diagnostic kits on ebay so i can find out fault codes instead of paying £55 quid for a garage to do it.
No problem, if you were looking for diagnostics look into MES (Multi ECU Scan) this is fiat/alfa specific and can do pretty much everything that the garage can do, its a windows program though so this means you need to buy an adaptor cable, the MES website recommends a few...
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

LordFox1998 is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 11-09-2015   #8
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 67
Thanks: 2
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
Re: 3 weeks later...ANOTHER issue...

no bother buddy, got the car in the garage now with a battery charger on, the battery is currently reading as half charged,so hopefully a new battery will be all that it needs paydays next friday so i'm sure i'll cope till then.
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

daryl88 is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 11-09-2015   #9
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Oxford - UK
Posts: 15,770
Thanks: 547
Trader Rating: 0
varesecrazy has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: 3 weeks later...ANOTHER issue...

Quote Originally Posted by daryl88 View Post
no bother buddy, got the car in the garage now with a battery charger on, the battery is currently reading as half charged,so hopefully a new battery will be all that it needs paydays next friday so i'm sure i'll cope till then.
remember if your punto has Start/Stop it's a better ( more££'s) battery spec..,

Charlie - Oxford
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

varesecrazy is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 12-09-2015   #10
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,272
Thanks: 65
Trader Rating: 0
Greece 
Re: 3 weeks later...ANOTHER issue...

Check charging voltage too. Make sure you have ~14v with engine running.
Likes varesecrazy liked this post
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

cmosfxx is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 13-09-2015   #11
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 67
Thanks: 2
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
Re: 3 weeks later...ANOTHER issue...

I'm pretty convinced it's the battery, put it on charge overnight and woke up to find it hadn't took any charge at all and thats it's pretty much dead,been looking at Bosch s3's as a replacement,cheers for the help everyone,i'll let you know how it goes trying a new battery.
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

daryl88 is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 13-09-2015   #12
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 67
Thanks: 2
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
Re: 3 weeks later...ANOTHER issue...

Got a battery from halfords this afternoon, was gonna wait till next week but my dads cars fuel pumps given up on his ford focus so reluctantly popped into halfords so the family has at least one car availible for commuting, car fires up great but still getting the same 3 fault codes, so gonna take it to the garage for a diagnostics as i'm beyond sick of a chip with Fiat,decided this will be the first and last Fiat i'll ever own.
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

daryl88 is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 14-09-2015   #13
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,272
Thanks: 65
Trader Rating: 0
Greece 
Re: 3 weeks later...ANOTHER issue...

Check again cables and alternator.
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

cmosfxx is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 21-01-2016   #14
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 14
Thanks: 0
Trader Rating: 0
Italy 
Re: 3 weeks later...ANOTHER issue...

Quote Originally Posted by daryl88 View Post
Got a battery from halfords this afternoon, ... car fires up great but still getting the same 3 fault codes, ...
Probably you need to erase the erros form the ECU, please let me know how you solved
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

blackthumb is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 22-03-2016   #15
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 5
Thanks: 0
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
Re: 3 weeks later...ANOTHER issue...

I'm currently having the exact same problem on my 09 Tjet punto, car was fine this all popped up one morning. Took it into a local garage and had it plugged in, fault code related to the front right hand side ABS sensor came up so had that changed over and codes reset, same problem straight away went back in today and they changed the wheel bearing as thats where the ABS sensor reads from and still the same problem, havent actually checked the battery though so will do that. I still have a feeling it could be the new ABS sensor is dodgy even though its a decent bosch one.
Let me know how you get on and fix it!
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

Harryc123 is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Reply
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
fiat stilo reverse gear issue any issue arcadejay Newbie Central 0 08-07-2015 09:43
(T) AIR BAG ISSUE mot issue brianW1979 Punto (Mk2/2b) 12 01-07-2014 22:46
(T) Stereo issue and new issue that probably the result of me trying to fix issue 1... jmccaig Punto (Mk2/2b) 18 05-06-2014 13:15