General New Abarth 595

Currently reading:
General New Abarth 595

Hello,

I've just today joined the abarth ownership club and bought myself the 595 in circuit grey with the MTA gearbox, as I struggle with manual cars. Having driven this car for a little while today, I can't believe how much fun it is and really can't wait to get back driving again, having not had a car since i went travelling last year.

Is there anything I should look out for in the first couple hundred miles, as the dealership said there wasn't really any break in period for the car as most modern cars don't need it anymore?

Any feedback will be great and I've put a few photos below.

Thanks,
Tony

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_1401.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_1401.jpeg
    4.2 MB · Views: 174
  • fullsizeoutput_1400.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_1400.jpeg
    4.4 MB · Views: 199
Looks good. (y)

There are as many opinions about how engines should be run in as there are people; technically you should be aiming for high cylinder pressures (to force the rings against the bores before they become glazed) whilst avoiding high cylinder temperatures (which promotes glazing). Remember brakes & tyres need running in also, so avoid extreme braking or overenthusiastic cornering for the first couple of hundred miles or so.

But right now I'd say the most important thing is to enjoy it!

Last edited:
Looks good. (y)

There are as many opinions about how engines should be run in as there are people; technically you should be aiming for high cylinder pressures (to force the rings against the bores before they become glazed) whilst avoiding high cylinder temperatures (which promotes glazing). Remember brakes & tyres need running in also, so avoid extreme braking or overenthusiastic cornering for the first couple of hundred miles or so.

But right now I'd say the most important thing is to enjoy it!

Thanks for the tips! It is so tempting to take corners like a race car driver at the moment, but so far resisting while i get used to the car :D

@ Keeto,

NICE .. colour looks good in the pics,

did they specify what engine oil you'll need..

as a lot of engines use SOME until they've bedded in :) so might be worth getting a small amount ( 1 litre..) just to keep the levels correct.

looking forward to seeing it in the sunshine on the 8th.

varesecrazy Thank you!

No they didn't specify any particular engine oil, did you have any recommendations?

Did you mean the 5th or 7th? :)

varesecrazy Thank you!

No they didn't specify any particular engine oil, did you have any recommendations?

Did you mean the 5th or 7th? :)

the engine oil SHOULD be from "FIAT's Own" Selenia range..

but the actual specifications for each car / engine can very wildly.. hence the suggestion of asking the dealership

I would advise checking the oil with a COLD engine - at home ( it looks level enough)
then get in the habit to check every 100 miles or so - 2 minute job before you leave home,

once it's done a few thousand miles the level SHOULD be a "known quantity"

and you'll have a better understanding of it's consumption.:)

I'm sure we can all help with any odd questions you may have.. even have a good look on BOTH those dates you mentioned..(y)

my mistake with the 8th.. first Saturday of JULY..:eek:

Last edited:
Hello,

I've just today joined the abarth ownership club and bought myself the 595 in circuit grey with the MTA gearbox, as I struggle with manual cars. Having driven this car for a little while today, I can't believe how much fun it is and really can't wait to get back driving again, having not had a car since i went travelling last year.

Is there anything I should look out for in the first couple hundred miles, as the dealership said there wasn't really any break in period for the car as most modern cars don't need it anymore?

Any feedback will be great and I've put a few photos below.

Thanks,
Tony

Does it have the 7" screen or this smaller one. ?

Attachments

• multimedia.jpg
    multimedia.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 66
Just keep an eye on the oil levels as ours did nearly run out and I was checking it often.
I got the Selenia from the dealership about £22 per tin (nice looking tins too)

Back