General Rear Parking Sensors

Currently reading:
General Rear Parking Sensors

Montoya

Also available in HD
Just picked up my new 2017 Abarth yesterday and I'm looking to get rear parking sensors fitted. I'm only interested in the flush type which would need to be painted prior to fitting. I'd rather use a fitting service rather than do it myself. Has anyone had this done, recommendations, do's & don'ts etc? All advice welcome..... well all sensible advice welcome I should say!

You can buy kits for £10 these days, it's worth noting that these kits are terrible quality and won't last long, you need to satisfy yourself that what is being fitted is of good quality.

What you don't want is a kit that breaks after a few months then you have to look at getting it all done again with new sensors being painted etc.

The cheap sensors on these kits are not interchangeable with other kits, often manufacturer fitted systems use standardised parts (usually Bosch) so if a kit breaks replacement parts can be sourced rather than fitting a whole new kit

If you don't mind paying, have you asked the fiat dealer about fitting some.

Thanks, I definitely wont be using a cheap kit, I'm firmly in the 'you gets what you pays for' camp. I've not spoken to the dealer yet but I suspect if would be considerably more expensive that using an independent fitter, perhaps eye wateringly so! Might get a quote, just out of curiosity....

Back