Technical squeak from the front

Currently reading:
Technical squeak from the front

hi all, noticed a squeak from the front end whilst the steering was on full lock a few months ago, maybe happened a few times then stopped, so i ignored it.

Past two days, as I've come to park up at home, the squeak is back. Not even when I'm braking, just rolling. I've had a little look elsewhere but that involved brembo brake pads etc, this is just standard 145bhp.

Has this happened to anyone else? Its fairly loud as well.

Thank you

hi, no its slow moving, 15mph and below. 95% of the time its happens after its been driven, so I'm assuming sticky pads or something like that. The car is only 6 months old with 4k on the clock. Noticed today under hard braking the car pulled fairly dramatically to the left ( where I've noticed the squeak ). Ironically the sales lady rung me today asking how everything is, might as well give it back to them to see if they can do something with it. Didn't expect to be having problems this early on tbh

They had it back and changed the brake pads which seemed to have worked for a week and now it's doing it again. 7 month old car and it's starting to have more issues than my 15 year old pinto hgt. Not happy

They had it back and changed the brake pads which seemed to have worked for a week and now it's doing it again. 7 month old car and it's starting to have more issues than my 15 year old pinto hgt. Not happy

Read this, and look at the pretty pictures.

Classic symptoms of the pads sticking in the reaction frames. Clean and reassemble (or fit new pads), and they'll be fine for a week or two, then start sticking again. Clean. lubricate properly and reassemble, and they'll be fine for the life of the pads.

It's tempting to start bashing Fiat at this point, but in truth I'm struggling to think of a car I've bought in the last thirty years that hasn't suffered from this issue. The technique I describe in the linked thread has resulted in a complete fix in every case.

Last edited:
If it's pulling one way or other it's dangerous and needs to go straight back immediately to be fixed.
Ask garage to put it on a brake roller tester and write down the results in brake effort side to side.

Il show them this post. I'm not touching it in case they decide to invalidate the warranty. Pretty poor tbh
Yes don't touch it yourself for reasons you gave and also why the heck should you.
If garage doesn't have a roller brake tester, if the do MOT tests they have to have one, show them it pulls to side under braking.

Yes this is desira in Norwich/Norfolk. Also one bit of the side skirt was coming away from the car so they put some more glue or whatever it is and it's come away again. So they said it'd have to go back to body shop to be done properly. Just lots of ****ty bits really. It will have gone back for the 3rd time within a month.

That's crazy it should have been done properly the first time.
Find out what your rights are regarding rejecting the car as unfit for purpose, mention your rights when you go back. Plus make sure they write down on records you feel brakes are dangerously pulling on one side.
Or print out a note saying the above, make two copies. One for them to keep and one for them to sign and date and give back to you .
That will make them think a little harder.

Back