Technical Fuel Cut Off Problem. Desperately need help

Currently reading:
Technical Fuel Cut Off Problem. Desperately need help

Abarthindonesia

Hi,

I am new to this forum and desperately need help for my abarth 500.

I did a fun race last week (against the Minis) and in the last lap I took a bit too far when turned right so my left front tyre went to gravel for about 3 seconds. After that my car wont start and need to be towed to my home. Further checked with abarth technician he said it is because fuel cut off unavailable. He tried to do his things with the computer but until now he still could not start my car! :confused:

I need any help, if maybe some of you have had the same experience in the past and know how to solve it.

My car is Abarth Esseesse european version, 2010. I live in Jakarta Indonesia and now the official Abarth store has been closed for good! :(

Appreciate any help. Big thanks!

Hi,

I am new to this forum and desperately need help for my abarth 500.

I did a fun race last week (against the Minis) and in the last lap I took a bit too far when turned right so my left front tyre went to gravel for about 3 seconds. After that my car wont start and need to be towed to my home. Further checked with abarth technician he said it is because fuel cut off unavailable. He tried to do his things with the computer but until now he still could not start my car! :confused:

I need any help, if maybe some of you have had the same experience in the past and know how to solve it.

My car is Abarth Esseesse european version, 2010. I live in Jakarta Indonesia and now the official Abarth store has been closed for good! :(

Appreciate any help. Big thanks!
As Typecastboy has said, there is a thing to do with the indicators.

This is from the handbook.

Good luck,
Mick.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-02-24 at 14.46.51.png
    Screen Shot 2017-02-24 at 14.46.51.png
    170.3 KB · Views: 1,480
Hi, thanks for the comments guys.

Yes, I tried the right and left indicator thing but it didnt work for my case. Is there any switch that I need to push? I read it somewhere in the forum about inertia switch? Does it apply to 500 Abarth Esseesse? Thanks

Hi, thanks for the comments guys.

Yes, I tried the right and left indicator thing but it didnt work for my case. Is there any switch that I need to push? I read it somewhere in the forum about inertia switch? Does it apply to 500 Abarth Esseesse? Thanks

https://www.fiatforum.com/500/304714-fuel-cut-off-switch-reset.html

a member back @2009 had the message "fuel cut-off unavaialble" appear on the screen,
FIAT tried updates.. but it didn't "CURE" it.. however the fault did become less regular:rolleyes:

apparently it's an ECU thing..,
as a 1st thing.. disconnect the battery overnight.. it might just reset it..

Charlie

apparently it's an ECU thing..

:yeahthat:

On the 500, the fuel cutoff is implemented in the airbag ECU, so that could be the next thing to check if a battery disconnect doesn't fix it. Depending on what exactly has happened, it might be resettable with multiecuscan - @typecastboy has recent experience in this area.

It's possible a g sensor may have triggered the fuel cutoff without being sufficient to activate an airbag.

Last edited:
Hi guys,

Update:

Fiat technician has done reset using ECU reader but it still didnt fire up :confused:

My guess it has something to do with some parts maybe be broken. Gotta tow my car to the workshop for checking .... :bang:

ANy other ideas?

THanks and have a great Sunday!

Back