General Avrg price of Insurance for a 2013-2016 Fiat 500 Abarth ?

Currently reading:
General Avrg price of Insurance for a 2013-2016 Fiat 500 Abarth ?

They only pay market value no matter what you declare its value bring. Only pay out that value so you are over insuring the car by £7.5k.

They only pay market value no matter what you declare its value bring. Only pay out that value so you are over insuring the car by £7.5k.

So according to you, my car is only worth £2,500 ? after 3 years and less than 30000 miles ?? You must live in cuckoo land. It's worth at least £ 6, 000 in the state it's in. :confused:

We got rid of our TA last year for the i10 and the last premium my wife paid was £220 for the year which was with Aviva. That policy just transferred straight to the i10 with no increase in premium, despite the i10 being worth some 4.5k more than the TA.

As others have already said, from a UK perspective, post code and age are the two major factors that will affect the premium. Also, your occupation can have a significant impact on premium.

Again, as others have mentioned, at renewal, many folk over insure their car, not taking into account the current value of the vehicle. You just need to look at Parkers or similar and adjust the value of your vehicle accordingly. Stating your vehicle is worth £10k when in reality is only worth say £4.5k, won't do you any favours. Exactly the same for buildings insurance, what you want your house to be worth, will often be completely different to its actual worth from a rebuilding perspective.

Biggest mistake some folk make year in year out, is sticking with the same insurer because they often just can't be bothered which invariably, is fiscally stupid. My Father-in-Law does this, won't listen and I know he is overpaying by a stupid amount of money. I personally haven't been with the same motor vehicle insurer for at least the last 10 years, preferring to spend 20 to 30 minutes using 3 or 4 price comparison sites, checking the bumpf carefully and then making a decision. My premium for my 2008 1.9 TiD Saab 9-3 for the last 12 months, came in at £209 all in with Business Insurance included and that is with a major insurer who advertises using a well known Hollywood actor!

Motor legal protection, if it isn't included as part of the premium and is offered seperately, it usually costs between £25 and £30 as an add on. You can buy completely separate standalone cover for a fraction of that price. We did that earlier on this year when we renewed the wife's i10 insurance, it cost £6.75 for 12 months.

Back