Technical Sad Leaking Abarth

Currently reading:
Technical Sad Leaking Abarth

Cosmicrover

I have a 2013 Abarth Cabrio that has taken to leaking. During rain the driver's side floorboard near the door/foot rest leaks. It leaks so much that a towel is sopping, and I can wring it out. The bad part, is that it doesn't leak that much each time. It varies.

My husband, who is very handy and technical has tried hosing it near the door and we cannot find any leaks. The seals all look and behave well (from what we can see). The roof isn't wet when I touch it, so I don't think it is the soft top, but it may be somewhere in the post near the windshield, or something else.

Help! I'm stumped! We live in the Washington, DC area of USA.

Check the weather seal that goes on the inside of the car where the door seals against it. My BMW Touring used to leak soaking the rear carpets every time it rained, I found that the seal was letting by as it met the roof and water was tracking through behind the seal, eventually running along the seal and into the car via capillary action.

Albeit unlikely, it's also worth seeing if the door window rubber is letting by allowing water to run into the door cavity and then onto the floor via any holes.

darkness isn't really necessary in my experience, this stuff glows really bright even if it is just a few drips :)

Last edited:
Back