Technical 500c Boot/Trunk Lining Removal Question

Currently reading:
Technical 500c Boot/Trunk Lining Removal Question

Dingopuppy

Hello Everybody!
Well, here's hoping that someone can help me with this:
I've got two umbrella clips that will hold an umbrella- I want to mount them in my 500c trunk. I'm thinking that inside and hanging from the 'ceiling' of the trunk is the place to put them! There are the clips that have four holes for screws, and they go through the card carpet flocked piece you choose to attach them to- on the back or other side there is a small square with four corresponding holes that hold it all securely from pulling through the card.

Question: Has anyone taken this lining out? How did you do it? Or is there one of those websites like there is for BMW & Mercedes with all the parts which sort of helps show how the thing is put together?
I think it would be better to do it out of the car... As I can't see how else I'd get the back piece on!
Thanks for any help or advice.
My alternative idea is to mount them on the inside of the trunk lid!

Question: Has anyone taken this lining out? How did you do it? Or is there one of those websites like there is for BMW & Mercedes with all the parts which sort of helps show how the thing is put together?
I think it would be better to do it out of the car... As I can't see how else I'd get the back piece on!

It's very difficult to work on (or even see) that part from outside the car, it'd be easier(!) to lower the seats and climb in through the doors and lie on your back!

Remember there's a mechanism in that section for manually moving the roof with a big nut right in the middle, in fact I shouldn't be surprised if the motor is located there too, so you'd want to be careful about where the screws would go.

Had a look at mine today to see how to remove the top lining. It appears pretty straight-forward, being secured by eight push-in clips like those on the boot-lid. Drawback is at least a couple are fairly deeply recessed and you have to work blind.

I want to fit an LED strip and wire it into the useless boot-light. Doesn't appear to be particularly difficult to do.

Back