Technical Hazard lights when braking

Currently reading:
Technical Hazard lights when braking

Mageo

Hi all, I have just fitted a set of EBC discs and yellow stuff pads, work a treat now that they are bedded in, however every time I hit the brakes hard the damn hazards come on so does anyone know how to turn this off ? I appreciate it's a safety measure but on a track day it's a bit of a pain ?

Mageo

From the handbook ............
Emergency Braking.
In the event of an emergency braking, the hazard warning lights switch on automatically together with the warning lights on the instrument panel.

The function switches off automatically when the nature of the braking changes.
This function complies with the relevant legislations currently in force.

As far as I know, you can't turn the facility off.

I have a copy of Multiecuscan and the leads, but TBH I've not used it much and I'm no expert. I can't remember if there is a section in the software to turn this off or not, but I reckon there isn't.

Maybe someone with knowledge could comment.

Regards,
Mick.

Hi all, I have just fitted a set of EBC discs and yellow stuff pads, work a treat now that they are bedded in, however every time I hit the brakes hard the damn hazards come on so does anyone know how to turn this off ? I appreciate it's a safety measure but on a track day it's a bit of a pain ?

Mageo
Tis annoying and overly sensitive compared to other cars, my DS4 you have to really slam on hard for it to activate.

Can I just ask how that disc\pad combo is for normal road use and how much they cost, my A500 is due new ones all round (and tyres, when does the spending end!) and I fancy something with a bit more bite but no squeaking and nothing too aggressive or that don't work until they have loads of heat in them? :)

Hi Guys, the cost of the slotted and semi drilled discs complete with the yellow stuff pads was about £400 I then fitted a set of stainless HEL fluid pipes to complete the job, all in for £520.
The yellow stuff pads are race / road pads and work brilliantly from cold, but you need to bed them in ! Be very gentle for the first 200 miles then do a 6 heavy braking from about 60 mph and cool down before stopping and you will not get squeaking ? best upgrade after the chipping to 180bhp you can buy me thinks ?

Mageo

If anyone does know about turning the hazards off during heavy braking please advise

Mageo

Hi Guys, the cost of the slotted and semi drilled discs complete with the yellow stuff pads was about £400 I then fitted a set of stainless HEL fluid pipes to complete the job, all in for £520.
The yellow stuff pads are race / road pads and work brilliantly from cold, but you need to bed them in ! Be very gentle for the first 200 miles then do a 6 heavy braking from about 60 mph and cool down before stopping and you will not get squeaking ? best upgrade after the chipping to 180bhp you can buy me thinks ?

Mageo
thanks for that, they seem a bit excessive for my more or less standard A500, bet yours stops great now though!
Am sure there was a tread about the hazards on here before (or maybe the Abarth forums?) and I think it was decided you can't disable them, which make you look like a numpty on track days but not the end of the world!

Just been out to the car, and connected up the laptop running Multiecuscan software.

I spent a while looking, but I couldn't find anything about braking and hazard warning lights.

Where exactly is it in the options?

As I said, I'm not an expert by any degree, in fact I'm very much a newbie to this software, so I could have missed something. Ours is a 85hp TA 2011, so maybe it isn't a feature with our car?

Thanks,
Mick.

You can find it in MES under "CAN Setup / PROXI Alignment Procedure" >"Adjustments" > "Hazard lights switch-on in deceleration".

Thanks!
When I went to that, it said that there wasn't a problem and that a proxi alignment wasn't required, so I just disconnected from that function and didn't go into it.

I'll look next time. :)

Mick.

Mick, you don't have to connect to the car to explore the options. Instead of "Connect" (F10) just select "Simulate" (Ctrl+F10).

Back