General I'll just give her a quick wash I thought...........

Currently reading:
General I'll just give her a quick wash I thought...........

griff74

5 hours later, Decon X'd, polished, waxed, wheels waxed, all trim dressed, wheel arches cleaned, am knackered now!! Is definitely wine o'clock! ;D

Attachments

• WP_20150523_18_23_26_Rich.jpg
    WP_20150523_18_23_26_Rich.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 161
  • WP_20150523_18_23_59_Pro.jpg
    WP_20150523_18_23_59_Pro.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 178
Very nice! You're like me, I can't just wash it, always have to use tyre dressing and recently bought Aqua wax - something about cleaning the car, I actually enjoy doing it and seeing the finished product!

I've never tried the Aqua Wax, I'll have to give it a go, I have got some of the normal Autoglym but I tend to use Meguires Techwax, it's just so easy to put on and take off and leaves a really high gloss and long lasting finish. I was very surprised how much crap the Decon X got off, esp as I clean and wax a lot and clay bar'd it not 12 months ago, the paintwork feels like glass now. My poor DS4 you can see in the background is crying out for the same treatment (covered in swirl marks, paintwork feels like sandpaper!) so that's next weekend booked up so it seems! lol

Attachments

• WP_20150523_16_03_18_Rich.jpg
    WP_20150523_16_03_18_Rich.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 88
Last edited:
I take it Decon X is the same as Iron X and Tar X to remove bonded iron and tar etc? I use those two every now and then. Iron one stinks mind! Think I'll be doing the interior today and polish up that exhaust with some AutoSol!

yeah it's the same sort of stuff, it stinks as well, had to keep moving the cat away while I was using it! My leather is due a clean and feed, next time I think. I gave my exhaust tips a good Autosol, the back box isn't long for this world, I've got a new one waiting in the cellar, 20 quid off Ebay, my current tips are more gun metal than chrome even after a good clean and the silencer is looking very crusty!

griff74 the car is so clean, looks so slick!

AdyG great wax! - i would reccomend you to try Dodo Juice Orange Crush for red color, this is what i use, its a perfect match for the red / warm colors

Back