General Loan Car

Currently reading:
General Loan Car

chas379

72 Year Old teenager
My Alfa Guilietta is in for it's 1st service today and the Service Agent gave me a loan car. Low and behold a 15 Plate A500 595 Turismo.

670 miles on the clock. Nice drive and brought back memories pre Alfa.

Got it till 3pm this afternoon so must get out on the road

Attachments

• IMG_0991.jpg
    IMG_0991.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_0992.jpg
    IMG_0992.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_0993.jpg
    IMG_0993.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_0994.jpg
    IMG_0994.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_0995.jpg
    IMG_0995.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:
My Alfa Guilietta is in for it's 1st service today and the Service Agent gave me a loan car. Low and behold a 15 Plate A500 595 Turismo.

670 miles on the clock. Nice drive and brought back memories pre Alfa.

Got it till 3pm this afternoon so must get out on the road
That's a nice loan car! Here they have Ypsilons. Make sure you give it a good thrash = )

That's a nice loan car! Make sure you give it a good thrash = )

Just retuned car to Agent, really enjoyed the experience albeit for only 4hrs. The extra Oomph over the standard A500 was noticeable. Must admit I liked the TFT screen with the digital speed readout as opposed to conventional speedo.

Just retuned car to Agent, really enjoyed the experience albeit for only 4hrs. The extra Oomph over the standard A500 was noticeable. Must admit I liked the TFT screen with the digital speed readout as opposed to conventional speedo.
Should of kept it a bit longer ,:D should of told them you had been delayed :D

My Giulietta will be going to the dealer next Thursday to get the air conditioning fixed (again) - it was fixed before I bought it, but is now broken again - blows very hot air on one side and very cold air on the other side.

The dealer is a one-and-a-half hour drive away so I've organised the day off work - wonder what car they will give me to drive home? - maybe I'll cross my fingers for a Panda Twinair :) but will probably be an old Mazda ute or something :(

-Alex

I would have said keep the Alfa!

The Alfa suits my purpose now as I needed a car with good auto transmission to allow my OH to have the option to drive it due to having severe knee problem and finds using a clutch difficult.

When coming to change the car 12 months ago I was dead certain I was going to go for the 595 Competizione but unfortunately the MTA transmission did not inspire me whereas the TCT in the Alfa was much better and in Dynamic mode is excellent.

If had had the financial resources and garage accommodation I would have the 595 as my second car, but alas this is not the case. But if my Lottery numbers come up then that's another story.:D

The Alfa suits my purpose now as I needed a car with good auto transmission to allow my OH to have the option to drive it due to having severe knee problem and finds using a clutch difficult.

When coming to change the car 12 months ago I was dead certain I was going to go for the 595 Competizione but unfortunately the MTA transmission did not inspire me whereas the TCT in the Alfa was much better and in Dynamic mode is excellent.

If had had the financial resources and garage accommodation I would have the 595 as my second car, but alas this is not the case. But if my Lottery numbers come up then that's another story.:D
exactly the dual clutch systems are far superior to the MTA. my gearbox gremlins have all but disappeared now but after having driven dual clutch technology, the MTA (Dualogic)'s gear shift times are ancient for an automatic. =)
the fiat tech did tell me though if the clutch goes on a dual clutch 'box, that's 2000 euros for you sir = )

i think if i get another car, i'll just get a manual and be done with it, not much can go wrong on a manual and a lot can go wrong with an auto, especially with my high mileage town start stop hill climbing adventures.

Last edited:
Back