Styling 500 abarth alloy center caps

Currently reading:
Styling 500 abarth alloy center caps

I have recently bought and fitted the below abarth 500 alloys and have the abarth centre caps, but haven't been able to get them off with any ease what so ever. I have tried taking the metal ring off the back and that makes it easier but I feel like they'll fly off without them during driving? So first of all any help as to how to get them off easily? I've tried a flathead screw driver with no luck. I can't get enough leverage behind the cheap plastic.
Second question is do I have any alternative choices? Is there any centre caps that cover just the middle of the alloy to cover the hub nut/cover rather than all the bolts to?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 98
This question has been raised before and one tip I took notice of and had success was:

Get a small flat blade screwdriver. Cushion the blade with tape or cloth to prevent damaging the alloys. Insert tip at the recess point of the wheel cap. Lever up slightly sufficient enough to insert an old credit card or something similar, not the embossed type. Once inserted you can slide the card in further which will give purchase with your fingers to flip the cap from the wheel. Put some protective covering on the floor just in case it flips off before you can catch it. Preventing damage to the cap. I have used this on the TA, A500 and 1.2 Lounge

Back