General 500A vs 500c A ss

Currently reading:
General 500A vs 500c A ss

mynodelic

Hey guys, well I just need your experienced opinion about this.

Abarth are very few in my country so I just found 2 for sale.
1- Fiat 500 Abarth 2012 panoramic, manual, sabelt seats and pearl white color.
Price 26500$

2- fiat 500C abarth essessee 2012 black leather seats, monza exhaust (4tips) also in white but not pearl white. sequential
Price 33000$

I just didn't drive any of these but of course everyone prefer the top of the line but for this 5k diff I don't know if it's worth it.

So i need you to tell me if it's worth it and which one is better.

Appreciated!:)

Hi

I drive an old Panda colour with the twin sunroofs, and enjoy the open air aspect more than my wife's 500c twin air.
Personally I find the roof fully open to be noisy over 70MPH, or partially open very noisy over 50MPH. There is an mesh aero flap at the front, and with that the wooooshhhh noise is annoying - better if you cover the mesh with tape, but still not ideal.

I also have a 500A tin top, and as much as I love the roof off I would quickly tire of the 500C.

I suppose I have the best of all, my 500A, her 500C T/A

No I matter which you choose, you will enjoy!

cheers
Andy

yes true.
Would I feel the difference in performance between the two? since the top off is heavier.

There is an mesh aero flap at the front, and with that the wooooshhhh noise is annoying - better if you cover the mesh with tape, but still not ideal.
cheers
Andy

You do know you can click the mesh down with a switch in the centre?

As far as C over tin top, C every time, but then I did buy one ;) you won't notice the weight difference in real life driving

C every time! Because it is not a full on convertible it is actually possible to have the roof open most of the time (apart from when it is raining?)
There is something about driving with the roof open that just makes it more fun. And when the roof is closed it could almost be a tin top apart from a bit more noise. But you want to be able to hear those exhausts don't you! Post pics when you have bought it!

If I had an Abarth 595 or 695 I'd definitely want a C, mainly so I could hear the great soundtrack coming from the rear. Burble and pop.

Thanks guys!
I always preferred the normal abarth i think it's more aggressive. Anyways im going to check both.
Im going to check the normal abarth in few hours will post few pics here.
Meanwhile, i was checking this:
http://tmcmotorsport.com/TuningBoxDetails.aspx?s=1156064819

Which will still save me so much while upgrading to 165HP.
But would this mean i should upgrade the breaks and suspension?

Thanks peeps :)

Hey guys, i had a long day with the abarth and this is my opinion.
I've been dreaming about the sabelt seats for years but now since i sat in it. I felt like im sitting in an F1. it feels great but only for race tracks i guess.
So these seats come with the normal abarth which is also manual.
So sabelt and manual will be a pain in the ass specially im an owner who keep his car for almost a decade ( grande punto owner since 2007 :p )

So i went and saw the 500A c SS and i took it for a spin. It was great experience even though i didn't drive the normal one but this one was great and the sound of the monza is awesome specially when u hit 6k rpm and release it.
and plus the SS is under 15000 Km and still ahve 1.5 years warranty and driven by a father.

Here are some pics of both

Attachments

• IMG-20140923-WA0019.jpg
    IMG-20140923-WA0019.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG-20140923-WA0018.jpg
    IMG-20140923-WA0018.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG-20140923-WA0021.jpg
    IMG-20140923-WA0021.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG-20140915-WA0041.jpg
    IMG-20140915-WA0041.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG-20140915-WA0042.jpg
    IMG-20140915-WA0042.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 68
Convertible all the way. You hear road noise anyway and the flexibility of the roof is something I wish I had.

So your happy with the MTA? Interesting that it draws such mixed reviews, no different to the DL I guess.

I had decided on a spec for a new A500 with MTA, on the way to the dealer I had change of heart and turned around, reason !! to change the family car first, so still with a TA at the moment as 2nd Car.

The test drive with the MTA box was fine, sorry can't comment on long term usability. USA has the full auto, that would be nice here.

I had decided on a spec for a new A500 with MTA, on the way to the dealer I had change of heart and turned around, reason !! to change the family car first, so still with a TA at the moment as 2nd Car.

The test drive with the MTA box was fine, sorry can't comment on long term usability. USA has the full auto, that would be nice here.

Well the MTA box was more than fine. The response was great even though I felt that you need time to shift smoothly.
So made my decision for now hopefully by next month ill b an abarth owner. Hope so!!
Thanks peeps!

Well the MTA box was more than fine. The response was great even though I felt that you need time to shift smoothly.
So made my decision for now hopefully by next month ill b an abarth owner. Hope so!!
Thanks peeps!

That is great news, the art with DL/MTA is to predict gearchange and let go of the gas slightly. I am mildly tempted again for the A500 MTA but will resist.

That is great news, the art with DL/MTA is to predict gearchange and let go of the gas slightly. I am mildly tempted again for the A500 MTA but will resist.

Why? What are you driving now?

Why? What are you driving now?

Why !! well because its a robotised manual. For smooth operation when accelerating just ease of the gas when it changing gears, you kind of know when the change is about to happen. Having said that you can hammer the car with foot down and it works well. Others with MTA can probably explain it better.

I am driving a manual Lounge TA, fully laden. I am also a biker (summer time), when the auto benz was about to die I bough the TA, the 2 pot sounded like a little scooter and the crappy rugged build reminded me of the 205GTi. But looking back I should have gone for the Dualogic, the TA is fantastic car and even though we are sporty and fit, doing too much exercise requires an auto as we can not be bothered changing up and down and up and down in the London traffic. Once we replace the other car I will try to justify moving to an Abarth or something sporty with an Auto.

Auto/DL/MTA is personal preference I am not advocating it, but if you can stretch to a DL then its a good option to have.

Back