Off Topic Might be bye bye abarth

Currently reading:
Off Topic Might be bye bye abarth

lets hope you get this resolved to your satisfaction:)

charlie

To be honest I am thinking it will be going back and staying their. They is too much work to be done to the car. Which head quarters know about and I stated I don't want the garage in Keighley to do work as I do not trust them at all And they wont pay another garage for work to be done.

Thanks
Dan

Its such a shame Fiat's are still so unreliable, but some seem far worse than others. Friday afternoon built cars as they are known!

It's not necessarily that they're that unreliable, more that when something does go wrong, no matter how trivial, it turns into a complete mission because the dealers are so inconsistent (some are excellent, others woeful) and Fiat UK (at least from all my recent contact with them) don't seem to really give a monkeys. Italy seem more helpful, if a little laid back, and FGA Finance seemed very good, but the main HQ for the UK just seems disinterested.

What I can't understand in this case is why if the car's an Abarth and Pentagon Fiat Keighley aren't up to standard, are Fiat not suggesting it goes to Clemo, which is Yorkshire's dedicated Abarth dealership?

The Punto based MiTo, the Punto itself, and the 500 based KA all fall in the bottom 5 for reliability according to the JD Power survey which is possibly the most comprehensive customer satisfaction survey in the UK. You have to look at the bigger picture my friend.

The Punto based MiTo, the Punto itself, and the 500 based KA all fall in the bottom 5 for reliability according to the JD Power survey which is possibly the most comprehensive customer satisfaction survey in the UK. You have to look at the bigger picture my friend.

believe me..if the FIAT record for reliability was so woeful,
I would've gone elsewhere for my 1st ever NEW car - 2013 Punto.

Liam, has it about right.;)

And to set the record straight the KA is based on the 500, Not the other way around as you've put it ;)

What I can't understand in this case is why if the car's an Abarth and Pentagon Fiat Keighley aren't up to standard, are Fiat not suggesting it goes to Clemo, which is Yorkshire's dedicated Abarth dealership?

You've answered your own question. It's because

the main HQ for the UK just seems disinterested.

No, you need to look elsewhere for information.

The JD power survey marked the 500 down for a lack of space in the back and a petrol cap that was difficult to get off.

The JD Power survey is complete borlocks.

Your opinion differs to mine. Where do you get manufacturer specific reliability/satisfaction feedback from then? I appreciate most will defend Fiat given this is a Fiat forum, but you can't hide from the truth, these statistics don't make themselves up, they're from genuine owners.

You can't hide from the truth, by the end of this year goats will have taken over the uk, by summer next year Europe will be under the cloven hoof of these devil beasts and by next Christmas the world will be theirs.

Just because the word "fact" is used in a sentence doesn't mean that anything that follows is a fact.

How is a fuel cap that people don't know how to get off and a lack of rear leg room constitute unreliability?

Your opinion differs from mine, because I'm right and you're reading crap from What?!?!?!??!?!?! Car?!?!?!?!?!

So is your opinion of the survey fact? Or is it just opinion?

I'll ask again, when considering a new car, where would you personaly get info on satisfaction/reliability? Would you go to a perhaps biased forum and ask owners? Perhaps you would refer to old stereotype sayings, or base your opinions on others'experiances?

THIS IS EVERYTHING GONE WRONG WITH FIAT IN KEIGHLEY

• When Iasked if they had any abarth in they pointed me to an essesse which I would havesettled for after I wanted a 695. They showed me the car and stated you knowmore about the car than we do.
  • They would notalso give me a test drive in the car because firstly they said it was not roadlegal to drive ( so why was it on the forecourt I ask?). Then when I went tocollect he stated he was too busy.
  • When I gotthe car after driving no more than a mile a warning message on dashboardtelling me I had a rear break light out.
  • When Ilooked under the bonnet of the car when I got home I realised the coolant washalf empty.
  • I took carback in to Fiat pentagon for a few minor adjustments as follows:

• Rear Brakes Squeaking- answer back cannot hearanything.
  • Front bumper has bigger gap on one side than other - Answerneeds to go to a body shop nothing happened ever since I tried to rectify itmyself.
  • Tracking of carwas out - answer nothing wrong with tracking.
  • Car wouldn’t start when cold - Answer not a problemwith it.
  • Sometimes won’t go in to gear - answer it okay.

• The motwhich came with the car says : (Please see a scanned copy attached)

• Nearside rear (Top) shock absorber has a slightly wornbush. Which I have replaced due to knocking noise. I supposed it would be wearand tear Item.
  • Nearside rear road wheel with a slightly distortedbead on rim.
  • Which they did not fix.

• Afterasking what oil they had used on the servicing they said they used Digitec 21-toil. Which I believe is wrong because I know that an abarth fiat 500 usesSelina 10w50 Part number 13133701. Fiat Pentagon said was right oil and refusedto change oil. So for my own piece of mind I took it to Clemo in Bradford forthem to change the oil. Please see attached invoice.
  • Afterdriving back from London I noticed that the rear parking sensors was beepingwhen I was ages away from any object and I noticed that the parking sensor wasactually inside the bumper I telephoned fiat Pentagon and told them and theysaid warranty does not cover it and that they would contact me on Monday. Stillno phone call regarding the sensors to this date. Now a piece of tape on theinside of the bumper is holding it on.
  • Car went toclemo for fan scraping the radiator which couldn’t be solved as they didn’tknow if it would be a warranty item which was a fair point. So I took it backto Fiat Keighley to look at I waited in reception until they checked it. Theycame back saying we cannot find anything wrong with the fan at all my reply waslets go outside and have a look together. I open bonnet from catch and he wentto catch and said ouch has he touched the metal by turbo. So I ended up openingthe bonnet and putting my hand down a hot engine behind the fan and spinningthe fan so he could hear it scraping. He then stated it could be down to me tofix it which my reply was it is not down to me and lets go see the manager. Hewent to office and came said we will ring you to book the car in for repair. Heallowed me to drive from Bradford to a car show in Stanford hall in Rugby whichis 126 miles each way from where I live. Also they was no warranty on the caruntil I had a telephone call with the warranty and they said no warranty existson the car just GAP insurance.
  • I went backto fiat pentagon after speaking to a representative from fiat about the logbook and the car to see why it is registered wrong. They told me it is not downto them to sort it out. My reply was I am not moving from this seat until Ihave spoken to a manager. Which I remained sat until the manager arrived. Then we went to his office to discuss theproblem which he was not helpful on he stated “we do not check that the logbook corresponds to the car. We do a hpi. It is down to the customer to ask tosee the log book and ask for the specifications on the car. I stated if the caris a Essesse like the logo on the back then you have fitted the wrong rearbrakes on the car. Pentagon manager stated “we would not have fitted the reardisks on the car they wouldn’t have gone. He stated they fitted the front. Myreply was the front brake disks are rusty and don’t look like they have beenreplaced ever in the cars life. Guy stated from pentagon all it says is wefitted disks and pads on car on our system. Then he stated all we sold you wasa 1.4 tjet fiat 500 abarth not any specifications so you cannot give the carback. Then he took me out to see a board where information is about the carsand stated you could buy this Peugeot and the dealer could change the spec andsay remove the fog lights. If you don’t state you want them then you can’trefuse car because it is what the customer ordered. ”.
  • I wentround a corner on the way to work as I do Monday to Friday. Then I heard thisbig bang so I pulled over and noticed that the rear wheel has a huge flat spoton the alloy.
  • It has beendown to me to find out what the car is I have had a telephone call with SGPETCH about the car which they stated itis down to the customers discretions to tell insurance and also taken a partcode from ecu and put it on fiats part directory which comes up as a specialkit.

"Which" also put every fiat in the do not buy category :(
Puntos 1999 to present the panda and 500 :(

That was my last reply on the email to hq.

• All thisstarted by me attending an Italian car show as I attend most fiat and abarthshows as I am part of the forums. Then me asking parts department from Clemoand understanding why wrong disks are on car. Now I wish I never bought a carfrom pentagon on my exit from pentagon I told the manager I will not be goingtheir ever again and I won’t. I have had a seicento, punto. Diesel 500 Which I bought from Clemo and now an abarth inmy life time and now I feel as if I will NOT be buying any of fiats cars everagain this includes Fiat, Abarth, Jeep and Chrysler. From the customer service I have received fromKeighley has put my doubts on ever buying a fiat ever again.

Back