Off Topic Might be bye bye abarth

Currently reading:
Off Topic Might be bye bye abarth

Every manufacturer occasionally builds a wrong 'un regardless of how good there QA processes are. However where reputations are made or broken and goodwill gained and lost is how the manufacturer and its' representatives deal with problems when they arise.

I've had experience of a lemon, my car was a proper dud when I got it and it had more trips to the garage in 08 than I can count but it's issues were fixed properly F.O.C. and the dealer was never anything except polite and forthcoming and since then it's behaved impeccably. If it had been fiat, I can well imagine with my car being both over 2 years old and me being 2nd owner I'd have been politely told to get stuffed.

I don't often choose to comment on threads like this but on this occasion feel compelled as there is so much drivel being spouted.

The 500 is a reliable car, as are most modern cars. No manufacturer is without issues and its only how those issues are dealt with that people remember not the issue themselves.

JD Power survey is ok, but it's very subjective like asking people what the ride is like, or did the dealer offer a coffee during the 'experience' etc where as Warrenty Direct, the company who actually pay out on car warranties offers a much clearer definition of what is reliable based in data form actual warrenty work.

500 scores a 76. 100 is average so anything below is good anything above no so good. Easy really.

http://www.reliabilityindex.com/reliability/search/86

Audi A3 from 2003 scores and incredible 175 which is very poor http://www.reliabilityindex.com/reliability/search/8

BMW 3 series from 2007 a frankly redicous 197 http://www.reliabilityindex.com/reliability/search/32

Compleeeeetely agree. Sadly Percy also owns the least reliable model of 500 there is, the Abarth. That said the Abarth is hardly unreliable.....

Are you not contradicitng yourself now then?

You said to check a Laguna forum for comparisons of relibility, and yet according to that website, the Laguna is more reliable than the 500. Oops!

Abarth and have come back and stated that Keighley do not check used cars they only just do a visual inspection of the car. I .e move it forward and back and start it and make sure no lights are on the dashboard. My car is going for an assessment on Friday to see what is missing from the car and seeing what can be claimed under warranty to get fixed and relying the information back to hq. Keighley also stated that they are willing to help and look at the car what a surprise as they was not interested in the car when I spoke to them about it. :bang:

End of the day they sold a problem car,
Hence the "can't test drive it"
They knew it was a baddun I bet it's been rejected back once before,
Was it low millage one owner?

Had no choice? You always have a choice, always. Unless they held a gun to your head and forced you to buy the car. I appreciate salesmen can put you under pressure, but most people would never buy a car without a test drive. I test drove mine twice on two different days, and even then didnt show too keen an interest, make them do the work.

I had no choice they stiched me up fiat hq know about it. They already set bill on car and everything. Trading standards are happy to help with the situation so they won't get away with it at all

I have some magic beans for sale just £20,000 for all 5 of them...You have no choice you must buy these.
Please paypal me the money NOW
Quick

do it

now

Had no choice? You always have a choice, always. Unless they held a gun to your head and forced you to buy the car. I appreciate salesmen can put you under pressure, but most people would never buy a car without a test drive. I test drove mine twice on two different days, and even then didnt show too keen an interest, make them do the work.

Completely agree........

I once test drove an Alfa GT 3.2 v6 which had recently had an engine rebuild, they wouldn't let me rev it over 3k. I drove it but ran away afterwards.

Back