General Abarth Build Specs

Currently reading:
General Abarth Build Specs

Update

Update
All is progressing towards the Abarth around August this year
Now will be mine first and his to follow a year maybe 2 later
Found a dealer just north of Brisbane who DID understand what we wanted and actually got a price for the special build ex factory and for just one not the two

Build spec - 595 Turismo MTA with 2 tone red/grey paint + Monza exhaust + Xenons + Diamond cut wheels

Only problem now is that for the same money I can get a Scorocco R like this

Hmmmmmmmmmmm
BIG decision
I LOVE the Abarth 595 Turismo but the Scirocco offers so much more

265hp 2 litre turbo, adjustable suspension, DSG Twin Clutch gearbox, 19" wheels, massive brakes and other electrical do dads
Plus dual climate control a/c - that will stop a lot of arguments !!

And now standard with front and rear parking sensors, reversing camera and sat/nav and a retro instrument cluster centre top of the dash

It is a bit bigger and heavier but that will be an advantage for distance traveling.

Sooooooooo
Looks like I will get the Scirocco but son says he is still going to get the Abarth, albeit will be all red instead of the 2 tone (red/grey)

Last edited:

Attachments

• 187209891.jpg
    187209891.jpg
    144.8 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:
Re: Update

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!!!!!

You will regret it !!

Spent this morning chatting with a Scirocco owner who wanted to know all about my Abarth.

And you know there will be times when you will driving along and you see an Abarth and you will feel regret, even remorse !!

Think about what you are about to do !!!

BTW I do not mind a Scirocco ...... they are awesome value in Oz as EVERYONE else wants a Golf GiT (yawn) and no love for 'Rocco - never understand why that is

Re: Update

Photo ?
What photo ?
Try again
187209891.jpg

Also you could look at the new MX5 and the Toyota / Subaru gt86, having said all that, the Abarth is the most fun car to drive and will make you happy everytime you see it and use it.

Check out the abarth UK site, the car has won moooost exciting car to drive http://www.abarthcars.co.uk/

btw: I was close to ordering last year but on the way to the dealership I thought logically and turned back, our TA is still good and peanuts to run, but we need to replace another car first then it will be an Abarth.

The final outcome

I hear what you guys are saying and I also saw that the Competizione 180hp is now available (in the UK at least)
which essentially has the same mechanicals as the 695s and the Anniversary model. Nice, just what we wanted.
You can also specify the leather sports seats, which I would prefer

So that prompted a rethink
Contacted the dealer where all this started - emailed the car "specs" to him. Options would be Grey over blue colour and the MTA gearbox with the sports seats.
Next day I get the reply that he had passed my email request onto Fiat head office and their reply was that the Competizione 180hp "is not planned for the Australian market" and cannot be ordered as a "special"
Can you believe that ?
Probably the best non "special edition" Abarth built and we won't be getting it.
eek.gif
eek.gif
banghead.gif
banghead.gif

Yes Australia is very small market but it is hard to understand Fiat head office decisions. They can only keep the market small.
Before the Turismo and Competizione models we had the choice of the Essesse in manual with a tin top or the MTA in a convertible. That was it.
Currently in the 500 range we have the Pop with the 1.2, the Sport with the 1.4, both available in manual or Dualogic and finally the Lounge with a TwinAir and only available with the Dualogic

The closest I can get to the Competizione 180 is by specing up a Turismo, which would be 160hp engine, plus the MTA, two tone paint, Xenons, petal wheels and the Monza exhaust, factory built with 4-6 month wait. The leather sports seats are standard but it doesn't have dual zone climate control, only air con.
The dual zone is a must as the wife likes her side about the same as the freezer compartment in our fridge !!
The dual zone stops a lot of ,errr, lets call it "discussion?
biggrin.gif

Then the price of the special build makes it about the same as the Scirocco R, maybe just a tad less.
But for the extra money the Scirocco gets a 2 litre turbo engine, the DSG twin clutch gearbox, adjustable suspension, cruise control, SatNav, reversing camera, front and rear parking sensors, electric folding mirrors, left dipping mirror for parking, genuine 4 seater and an overall bigger car with better performance. It also has a Bi-modal exaust
And it also looks great, albeit in a different way - IMHO of course

To get the Turismo would be a BIG decision for "cuteness"
Looks like "back to plan A"
Sadly, my son also says that if he can't get the Competizione 180 he won't be getting an Abarth either

Bummer !!!

I feel your pain

I cannot believe that we will not be getting the 180bhp Competitzone ...... aren't all future Competitzone's in the 180bhp spec ??

BTW IIRC the 500 never can with dual zone AC - it is either manual of climate controlled

What dealer are you talking to ??

Ever considered a Maserati Tributo ? A few left in Oz and a very very reasonable price

Bummer !!!

I feel your pain

I cannot believe that we will not be getting the 180bhp Competitzone ...... aren't all future Competitzone's in the 180bhp spec ??

They are in the UK, but if you go to the Configurator for other European countries some have both the 160 and 180 and some don't have the 180hp.
Same with the 2 tone colours schemes - some do some don't

BTW IIRC the 500 never can with dual zone AC - it is either manual of climate controlled.

Straight out of the UK Configurator - "Details" of the 595 180hp Competizione

Bluetooth English Configuration
Blue&Me (Bluetooth + USB + AUX-IN)
Leather Trimmed Steering Wheel with Remote Controls
Radio / CD / MP3 Player
50/50 Split folding rear seat with headrestraints
Automatic Dual Zone Climate Control
Body Coloured Electrically Adjustable Heated Door Mirrors
Electric Front Windows And Central Door Locking
Heated Rear Window With Wash/Wiper
Height Adjustable Steering Wheel
Passenger Side Grab Handle
Smoking Kit (Cigar Lighter & Ashtray)
TFT Instrument Cluster
ABS With EBD
Airbag: Driver's
Airbag: Driver's Knee
Airbag: Passenger's
Airbags: Window
ESP (Electronic Stability Programme) & MSR & ASR
Fix & Go Puncture Repair Kit
Front Fog Lights
Front Side Airbags
Rear Parking Sensor
TPMS (Tyre Pressure Monitoring System)
Xenon Headlights
Abarth side stripe & door mirrors (Grey)
Body Coloured Bumpers
Brembo Brake Calipers - Red
Dark Tinted Windows
Kit Competizione (MT)
Tinted Windows
17" Formula Titanium Finish Alloy Wheels

What dealer are you talking to ??
Cricks at Mt Gravatt
Got the price for the speced up special build Turismo from the Euro-something mob in Fortitude Valley

Ever considered a Maserati Tributo ? A few left in Oz and a very very reasonable price

Yes they are nice but now going on 3 years old - built end of 2012
Been offered one "new" with only 300kms - that's a lot of test drives - asking $56K drive away
can get a Scirocco R for $50K drive away - no contest

Plus it is a convertible - not a good choice here in Queensland.
On a good summers day you can feel the heat coming through the roof onto your head + the additional upkeep
and the open close mechanism is another thing to go wrong and I suspect very expensive to get fixed out of warranty

Another consideration is the Giulietta QV TCT
Very nice car - went for test drive last weekend, but IMHO not in the same class as the Scirocco.
The 'Rocc definitely goes harder and I like the adjustable suspension - will spend most of the time in "comfort"

Sad about the Abarth though

Last edited:
Epilogue

Well I guess this will be it for me

Took delivery of my Scirocco R DSG on 4th January (2016)
It was actually delivered to the dealer in November but the lease didn't take effect till the end of December. So waited till January to make it a '16 car.

Anyway, had it a month now and couldn't be happier.
I think the best part of it is the sound. Hard keeping it legal
With our crap roads the adjustable suspension stays on "comfort" but even then it is still very firm - guess the 35 profile tyres don't help either
If that is the only "problem" I can live with it
biggrin.gif

Liked the GTS model stripes so had them put on.

Son has had a rethink and says he will still get the Abarth in another year or so - never know Fiat Oz might have changed their minds and we will have the 180hp Competizione by then

Cheers

Attachments

• P1020904s.JPG
    P1020904s.JPG
    192.9 KB · Views: 30
  • P1020907s.JPG
    P1020907s.JPG
    208.4 KB · Views: 27
Back