General abarth service costs for australia only

Currently reading:
General abarth service costs for australia only

rhyde

hey all
posting on behalf of a friend who is wanting to get an 2012 Abarth 500 Esseesse

just wanting to get an understanding of service costs for this car

ive just bought a 2013 fiat 1.4sport and have got an understanding of the once a year service costs or every 15000kms being around the 300 mark

with the abarth are the costs alot more, ?
is it the same as the fiat 500, once a year or every 15000 kms
based on this
what would the 15000kms service cost
30000 cost
45000 cost
60000 c0st

thanks so much guys much appreciated
anastasia

Unfortunately Abarth like to play the Marketing card when it comes to servicing, you paid over the odds for a tuned Fiat 500, so they're hoping you'll pay over the odds for a service too.

For the first 3 years, the total I was quoted for 3 services was £1500. Obviously at those prices I went to my local instead (as do a lot of other disgusted owners)

posting on behalf of a friend who is wanting to get an 2012 Abarth 500 Esseesse

just wanting to get an understanding of service costs for this car

IIRC the servicing requirements for the Esseesse are more stringent and the oil & filter will need to be changed more frequently.

I found that they are a little more exxy than a 500 - seems like about 25% more

But they could go to an indie and save more than that

I just got my first 12-month service done at McCarroll's dealership service centre here in Sydney -- basically oil + filter change, plus the usual checks and fluid top-ups.
$365 for my 500C TwinAir -- so I'd expect an Abarth would cost a little more.

Cost was what I expected -- it's a bit expensive but I've decided I'm going to stick with the dealer within the warranty period.

Last edited:
I just got my first 12-month service done at McCarroll's dealership service centre here in Sydney -- basically oil + filter change, plus checks.

Cost was what I expected -- it's a bit expensive but I've decided I'm going to stick with the dealer within the warranty period.

If the cost of my first service is similar to that (and after all my car's close to identical) I'll got to the dealer, but I want to be sure they'll do more than just an oil and filter change for that kind of money..

I just got my first 12-month service done at McCarroll's dealership service centre here in Sydney -- basically oil + filter change, plus the usual checks and fluid top-ups.

Note that your warranty still applies at other workshops as long as they use genuine parts and stamp the book. We do this at my workshop and there's never been a problem. I do this on my Bravo

https://www.fiatforum.com/showthread.php?t=338657 my Bravo T-Jet build :)

Back