General Bye Bye Abarth

Currently reading:
General Bye Bye Abarth

Lets have a look at what you could have won...I mean brought
12682857264_c74ef015e0_b.jpg

Murano16v was referring to as comment i made which was in reference to the looks of the 500.

Anyway there's only about 10% or something of Bravo in the Giu.....

Went to local dealership today to evaluate the 595 Competizione with MTA box -vs- the Alfa Romeo Giulietta with TCT transmission..

Looking at what was on offer at the dealership and £3k being offered as a dealership incentive and 0% finance.

I'm sorry to say the Abarth lost out re availability against my spec. Although still under the Italian flag, in 3 weeks time I shoud have delivery of a Giulietta 1.4 Exclusive with TCT (170bhp).

In the scheme of things the deal suited my pocket.

I've enjoyed very much my time with the forum and hope I can (you will let me) contribute from time to time.:D

Chas, don't be a stranger, you're always going to welcome in here and at any of the NFM meetings. Marque is not a problem, ask Melanabb :D

Chas, don't be a stranger, you're always going to welcome in here and at any of the NFM meetings. Marque is not a problem, ask Melanabb :D

That's true Tony! I had several 'Fiats' and no problems whatsoever...;)

Attachments

• P1000410.JPG
    P1000410.JPG
    72.6 KB · Views: 41
  • P1050066.JPG
    P1050066.JPG
    77 KB · Views: 47
  • P1010347.JPG
    P1010347.JPG
    60.3 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
Had a surprise call today from dealership to say new alfa ready and they would deliver to me. Saved me a 50 mile round trip and it was delivered in daylight so i could have a good look round.

Will still be contributing on this forum seeing my OH still loves her 1.2 Lounge Dualogic.

Attachments

• Alfa1.JPG
    Alfa1.JPG
    5.4 MB · Views: 47
  • Alfa2.JPG
    Alfa2.JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 47
  • Alfa3.JPG
    Alfa3.JPG
    4.3 MB · Views: 46
  • Alfa4.JPG
    Alfa4.JPG
    6.6 MB · Views: 49
  • P1020416.JPG
    P1020416.JPG
    5.3 MB · Views: 54
Oh they've changed the dash, could I be cheeky and ask for another pic from the passenger side and of the satnav area :confused:

Looks far neater than the earlier ones did.

I'll do that tomorrow. My OH is calling me in as I have been sat outside in the car getting to grips with things. But not dissimilar operating stuff (stalk wise) to the 500/A500. Nice DAB Radio with touch screen operation

Looks well Chas - enjoy! What's the auto box like?
Just done a run round the block and perfroms very well in Normal mode, progresses well through to 6th gear without any lag. So am hoping to get even more response when in Dynamic. The guy who delivered it is chairman of the local Alfa Club and is really into his cars plus classics. He advised to get 1K on the clock before pushing in Dynamic mode.

Drove one on Saturday, what a car!!
Incredible in Dynamic, and I see you have a TCT so get a foot rest.
Did you get Paddles as their system said there was one avaliable?

Drove one on Saturday, what a car!!
Incredible in Dynamic, and I see you have a TCT so get a foot rest.
Did you get Paddles as their system said there was one avaliable?

Yes it did come with paddles which is an extra

Very nice Chas, it would be great if you were able to attend the Italian Stallions night with it at Poole Quay this July. It is organised by the Alfa guys and RUI and I had a good time there last year and my local Abarth dealer is hoping to attend as well.

If you are interested I can send you the details.

it would be great if you were able to attend the Italian Stallions night with it at Poole Quay this July. If you are interested I can send you the details.

That would be good, however we are away from 15th > 24th July so if outside these dates I would seriously have a look to see if it is practical for me.

Back