General Abarth UK Model Variances ?

Currently reading:
General Abarth UK Model Variances ?

DArby

After lots of reading I am looking for an Abarth Esseesse for my wife, but wanted to check how many if any variance there are on the UK models.

I've spotted cloth and leather interiors, opening and fixed sunroof, twin pipe and single pipe (x2) exhausts.

What i'm not sure of is things like different headlights, ICE etc, reversing sensors etc.

And what is the 595 ? is it a 500 with Esseesse as standard ?

Once i've got my head around model differences can start the search properly.

Going to be replacing her Clio 197 F1 as the 500 seems very similar performance wise.

Thanks in advance.

Dean.

After lots of reading I am looking for an Abarth Esseesse for my wife, but wanted to check how many if any variance there are on the UK models.

I've spotted cloth and leather interiors, opening and fixed sunroof, twin pipe and single pipe (x2) exhausts.

Cloth interior is standard on all current A500 cars which means no split rear seats as standard. Comes as an option or if you choose leather it comes as standard although the intro A500 2008-2009 came with red leather as standard.

Skydome (fixed or opening) are options.

Standard A500 has twin single pipes but if you option the Monza exhaust system you get two twin pipes.

What i'm not sure of is things like different headlights, ICE etc, reversing sensors etc.

Standard headlights are normal halogen type H7 bulbs but you can option the Bi-Xenon HID headlights which include the headlight washers and auto levelling. Standard audio is OK but the interscope option adds a sub-woofer under the drivers seat and a separate amp. Reversing sensors were an option on earlier cars but standard I believe on 2102 models onwards.

And what is the 595 ? is it a 500 with Esseesse as standard ?

The 595 is essentially an A500 with essesse mapping which increases the power from 135BHP to 160BHP. It also includes Koni FSD suspension, Xenon HIDs, uprated brakes, reversing sensors, rear privacy glass, leather seats on Turismo models and Sabelt seats + Monza exhaust on Competizione versions and 17" wheels.

Once i've got my head around model differences can start the search properly.

Going to be replacing her Clio 197 F1 as the 500 seems very similar performance wise.

Thanks in advance.

Dean.

Hi Dean, welcome to the Fiat Forum, I'll try my best to answer your queries and what I miss others will no doubt correct. (See above comments).

Just don't try to corner as quickly as the Clio, you'll fall off the road.

Thankfully she doesnt go round corners quickly - just wants the straight line acceleration, plus the ability to get from roundabout to roundabout quickly here in Milton Keynes :D

Hi Dean, welcome to the Fiat Forum, I'll try my best to answer your queries and what I miss others will no doubt correct. (See above comments).

Thank you for the response - very helpful indeed.

I think the 595's are just out of our price range, so will have to be a 500 with as many bolt on's as possible.

There's a few on Autotrader at the moment which look promising - so now at least i know what to look for.

Oh - so do we have UK tuners for these cars ? are they good for tweaking ?

Cheers

Dean.

Back