Off Topic 2012 New Forest Xmas Get Together.

Currently reading:
Off Topic 2012 New Forest Xmas Get Together.

As per the title it is time to organise this year's annual NFM lunch and weather permitting, a scenic drive through the forest to work up an appetite.

Format will be the same as in previous years, all meet up at 10.00am for coffee and general chit chat and then head off at approx 10.30am for a drive through the forest, the route cunningly planned, as always by team YellowLuigi. :worship:

Previously I have done a poll asking which dates are best for people, but unfortunately, this year the only weekend I have free is the 16/12/2012 so I apologise in advance to anyone who cannot make that date.

Please post in here if you are interested and closer to the time I'll start a proper thread in the events section with all the details.

Event Details. https://www.fiatforum.com/events/3131...12-2012-a.html

Last edited:
Re: 2012 New Forest Christmas Get Together.

Previously I have done a poll asking which dates are best for people, but unfortunately, this year the only weekend I have free is the 16/12/2012 so I apologise in advance to anyone who cannot make that date.

Can the event not take place without you :confused:

I would have really liked to make the effort and join you and stay nearby at a Premier Inn (if there was one). But I will be on holiday from 7th > 21st Dec and moving house, hopefully, the week before.

So next year I hope. Would be good to put faces to names. Except for Tony unless that is not his real photo on his profile??:D

Re: 2012 New Forest Christmas Get Together.

Can the event not take place without you :confused:

Of course. :confused:

If anyone wants to organise something for a different time then that would be great. It's the best way for members to meet socially and local events like this will hopefully encourage more people to attend the larger, official FF meetings.

Anyone who can't make it on the 16th but would still like to meet up on a different day is very welcome to offer an alternative option and if there is anything that I can do to help get them started, they only need to ask.

I can do the 16th

Nice one Ian, look forward to catching up. I definitely want to look at that satnav/HiFi combo up close and getting your opinion about it.

I would have really liked to make the effort and join you and stay nearby at a Premier Inn (if there was one). But I will be on holiday from 7th > 21st Dec and moving house, hopefully, the week before.

So next year I hope. Would be good to put faces to names. Except for Tony unless that is not his real photo on his profile??:D

Chas, unfortunately, that is me in the photo, lol. Hopefully we will manage to get together at some stage, perhaps when we do the summer event if you're up for it?

What's the cheapest premier inn type thing down there?

Mick, the cheapest I can find for the Saturday night (15th December) is £39.00. It is at Somerford which is halfway between my house and the meeting place.

http://www.premierinn.com/en/checkHotel/CHRSOM/christchurch-east

If you want to do that then Liz and I can meet you and Chris for a drink and a meal on Saturday evening or better still, if your reversing has improved then you are very welcome to stay with us again. :rolleyes:

I've only been once so it's quite new to me! Tony my Fiat Idea had reversing sensors but I don't think it would have held together for the journey down! Personally I blame you anyway for putting your house just where I wanted to drive!

It might just be me coming down as we have chickens now to add to the list of creatures that need accounting for when we stay away... But at least Scott had a double bed and he won't have to move out of his room if I come down on my own! :D

I'll have a think and let you know!

Hopefully Chris will give you a hall pass so be nice to her, lol. It will be good to catch up.

If you are by yourself you can have the spare bedroom (that'll please Scott) and I can vouch for how hard and lumpy the mattress is as I was stuck in there for 12 weeks Ha! Ha!

Hopefully Chris will give you a hall pass so be nice to her, lol. It will be good to catch up.

If you are by yourself you can have the spare bedroom (that'll please Scott) and I can vouch for how hard and lumpy the mattress is as I was stuck in there for 12 weeks Ha! Ha!

You could always forgo a couple of options on the new Abarth and shell out for a new mattress! ;)

Back