General My 595 Turismo

Currently reading:
General My 595 Turismo

Well finally gave in and accepted the loan of a 595 for the day his coming Saturday. If the OH likes it then I guess I'll be putting my order in for 2013 delivery. Quite like the Record Grey but will probably choose the BNW (sorry, I mean Gara white) with Red embellishments same as we have now.

The A500 still drives beautifully but now that you can get the MTA box in a tin top I think it needs to be tested. The old Competizione box in the 500c felt sluggish but apparently the software has been optimised which speeds up shifts, similar to the 695 and makes the paddles more fun to use.

The dealer asked me how many miles on the car and was surprised when I said, "only 14000". :)

Sounds good, Let me know what they offer you for yours.... You never know I may be interested.

Well finally gave in and accepted the loan of a 595 for the day his coming Saturday. If the OH likes it then I guess I'll be putting my order in for 2013 delivery. Quite like the Record Grey but will probably choose the BNW (sorry, I mean Gara white) with Red embellishments same as we have now.

The A500 still drives beautifully but now that you can get the MTA box in a tin top I think it needs to be tested. The old Competizione box in the 500c felt sluggish but apparently the software has been optimised which speeds up shifts, similar to the 695 and makes the paddles more fun to use.

The dealer asked me how many miles on the car and was surprised when I said, "only 14000". :)

That's great Tony - looking forward to the review.
Had not realised that the 595 was getting the Ferrari tuned MTA from the 695 - at least is sounds better than getting a dualogic.;)
Whoever ends up getting your A500 is getting a well cared for example - it's pot luck getting a decent secondhand one.

Last edited:
Whoever ends up getting your A500 is getting a well cared for example - it's pot luck getting a decent secondhand one.

Cheers Michael, as you say it is hard to know when buying second hand how hard a life the car has had. This is the wife's car so it is always driven in "non sport" mode as she likes the lighter steering and finds it as powerful as she can cope with, lol. (I haven't told her that the 595 is more powerful :devil:)

It had it's first annual service at 4500 miles and the second annual "full fat" as it has affectionately been referred to by Maxi at 10500 miles and I have only had one fault, which if you excuse the pun was my own fault.

I complained about a rattle and the Abart tech found some loose change that had fallen out of the wife's handbag had landed in the seat mounting rails causing the rattle when going over bumps. :eek:

Tony: Interesting to hear about the Test driving. Be good to know what you think so that I may be prepared in 2 years time. Still a novice with the A500 as just under 500 miles on the clock as yet.

Good luck, you know you want one(y)

Tony: Interesting to hear about the Test driving. Be good to know what you think so that I may be prepared in 2 years time. Still a novice with the A500 as just under 500 miles on the clock as yet.

Good luck, you know you want one(y)

It's good to know it's not just me that's already planning ahead.
Unless something happens to change my mind I'll be getting a competizione in 23 months:devil:

It's good to know it's not just me that's already planning ahead.
Unless something happens to change my mind I'll be getting a competizione in 23 months:devil:

I always like to have something marked up on my forward planner:D

I always like to have something marked up on my forward planner:D

I'm marking Saturday 02/03/2013 in my diary, the day I pick up the wife's new 595 Turismo. :yum::yum:

Took the demo car for a good drive and I have to say that I was well impressed, so much so that ordered one when we got back to the showroom. Was in a quandry over colour as the Record Grey looked the business but in the end went for the same as I have now, white with red stripes and mirrors. :cool:

I'm marking Saturday 02/03/2013 in my diary, the day I pick up the wife's new 595 Turismo. :yum::yum:

Took the demo car for a good drive and I have to say that I was well impressed, so much so that ordered one when we got back to the showroom. Was in a quandry over colour as the Record Grey looked the business but in the end went for the same as I have now, white with red stripes and mirrors. :cool:
Great stuff. I'm NOT Jealous:bang:

You obviously hate 500's! You're always getting rid of them :D

So what's that?

MJ
TA
Abarth
595 Turismo :p

This one is going to be a keeper ............. honest!

Gara White with red stripes and mirrors.
MTA gearbox.
Black Leather with red piping.
Glass roof.

+ std: HIDs, Dipping rear mirror, Parking sensors, Privacy glass, Red calipers, cross drilled front and rear discs, FSD shocks and 160BHP as well as very nice trim enhancements.

Also got a pretty good trade in deal if I don't sell it privately beforehand. (y)

This one is going to be a keeper ............. honest!

Gara White with red stripes and mirrors.
MTA gearbox.
Black Leather with red piping.
Glass roof.

+ std: HIDs, Dipping rear mirror, Parking sensors, Privacy glass, Red calipers, cross drilled front and rear discs, FSD shocks and 160BHP as well as very nice trim enhancements.

Also got a pretty good trade in deal if I don't sell it privately beforehand. (y)

I'll say it again. I'M NOT JEALOUS!!!!:bang::bang::cry::cry:

Out of interest Tony, why getting rid of A500 and going for 595 Turismo? I thought you were happy with the current car or is it the pull of extra horsies?(pun intended :)) Just curious...

Mel, I am extremely pleased with the current car, but Liz prefers an auto box. Because they were only available in the 500c at the time we bought our A500 I promised her that as soon as they were available in the hatchback I would get her one.

Although you can now get the MTA in the std A500 the gearchanges are a little crisper with the remapped engine so that was my excuse for the 595. (I,m pretty sure she fell for that excuse, lol.)

ps. as an aside, shall I start organising the Christmas 500 get together? Are you up for it this year?

pps. Looking forward to catching up as we missed out this year on the annual New Forest Meeting.

Back