General My 595 Turismo

Currently reading:
General My 595 Turismo

Mel, I am extremely pleased with the current car, but Liz prefers an auto box. Because they were only available in the 500c at the time we bought our A500 I promised her that as soon as they were available in the hatchback I would get her one.

Although you can now get the MTA in the std A500 the gearchanges are a little crisper with the remapped engine so that was my excuse for the 595. (I,m pretty sure she fell for that excuse, lol.)

ps. as an aside, shall I start organising the Christmas 500 get together? Are you up for it this year?

pps. Looking forward to catching up as we missed out this year on the annual New Forest Meeting.

Aaaah, much more clear now. I hope Liz will be pleased (not as much as you, sure ;))... Re Xmas NFM, I'm up for it. Name the dates! The only weekend I can't do is 8/9 Dec...

Not much to catch up on car-wise, still in my old Punto Abarth.... Still love it tho, wouldn't change - but then again my hubby prefers auto-box too and that keeps him out of my car (to mutual satisfaction I might add :))

Glad February is a short month, lol.

Seems there has been a massive error with the Gregorian Calendar which has just come to light. As such February this year is being extended by 14 days!!!:D:devil:

Chas, I've given you a like even though " I Hate You, lol."

But only because we more mature members should show solidarity. :D

What is life without humour and MATURITY:D

Last edited:
Saw this at Research in Nuneaton yesterday & I'm pretty much in love:cool:

e2egebe9.jpg

8ehyte4u.jpg

3a8yqaqu.jpg

ety9umed.jpg

Full top spec leather seats, upgraded hifi, Xenons etc etc. Simon wants......a lot:D

£19k though:eek:

Seems like ages ago when I ordered it but only 4 weeks to go now until I pick it up. (y)

Glad February is a short month, lol.

Looking forward to the feedback and the pics on the new motor.(y)
Hopefully Liz wouldn't notice the 'new' springs and the Konis will cushion the ride.

Saw this at Research in Nuneaton yesterday & I'm pretty much in love:cool:

ety9umed.jpg

Full top spec leather seats, upgraded hifi, Xenons etc etc. Simon wants......a lot:D

£19k though:eek:

Hi Simon, as you say, a great looking car but a very expensive paint option, but if you like it then well worth it. (y) The one I took for a test drive was the same colour but my favourite colour is still white with the red stripe and mirrors (boring or what) so went for that again. I did spend an extra £1300.00 on the MTA gearbox with paddle shift though, so who am I to lecture on the cost of options, lol.

I also went with the glass roof but not the opening type this time as I like the extra light inside the car. However I was pleased that the other items I usually option; Leather, HIDs, auto dip/dim rear view mirror and reverse parking sensors are standard. (y)

I don't know if I will miss the interscope option as I didn't think it was particularly special, I guess time will tell and if I do want to upgrade then I might just go for a setup like RUI has and add an aftermarket amp, subwoofer and speakers.

Looking forward to the feedback and the pics on the new motor.(y)
Hopefully Liz wouldn't notice the 'new' springs and the Konis will cushion the ride.

Hi Mike, Liz quite enjoyed the ride quality, saying it was as good, perhaps even slightly better than the current car. Considering that I has to swap the original 17" Petals for the standard 16" wheels before she accepted the ride quality then I consider that to be a milestone and shows that the FSDs are indeed responsible for the better ride. I still prefer the looks of the 16" wheels so I might try to find a set and then it will be interesting to see if that improves it any further.

I have to say, and this has been repeated many times from owners of A500 cars who have changed to the 595 Tourismo and Competizione, the 595 car feels much tighter and responsive to drive. Although I was perfectly happy with my car I felt that the new one was a distinct improvement, but it is hard to put into words, it is something you need to experience first hand.

Hi Mike, Liz quite enjoyed the ride quality, saying it was as good, perhaps even slightly better than the current car. Considering that I has to swap the original 17" Petals for the standard 16" wheels before she accepted the ride quality then I consider that to be a milestone and shows that the FSDs are indeed responsible for the better ride. I still prefer the looks of the 16" wheels so I might try to find a set and then it will be interesting to see if that improves it any further.

I have to say, and this has been repeated many times from owners of A500 cars who have changed to the 595 Tourismo and Competizione, the 595 car feels much tighter and responsive to drive. Although I was perfectly happy with my car I felt that the new one was a distinct improvement, but it is hard to put into words, it is something you need to experience first hand.

When I look at the Abarth option upgrading from a TA it makes sense to spend a bit extra and go for the Turismo, Tony just out of curiosity what sort of offer /period did you go for, 2 yrs or 3 yrs ?

This is one is interesting at 0% pay half now and half after 2 yrs, can you see any flaws in this ? http://www.abarthcars.co.uk/uk/CMSUK/Documents/595Turismo_APP(0Perc)_Q12013.pdf

Last edited:
I took up that same option. If you are either a cash buyer, or someone who can afford to save the difference in the mean time then interest free seems to make sense.

Even if you need to take out a small loan in 20 months because you haven't got the full amount you should still have plenty of equity in a warrantied car...

I took up that same option. If you are either a cash buyer, or someone who can afford to save the difference in the mean time then interest free seems to make sense.

Even if you need to take out a small loan in 20 months because you haven't got the full amount you should still have plenty of equity in a warrantied car...

I did the 50/50 option when I bought mine last September and received a cheque for £1500 as the p/x was in excess of the 50% deposit. Put balance payment into into an ISA and just to be on the safe said I'm saving for the balance over the 2 yr period in case I ned the original cash for something else.

Good thing my OH likes a diet of Value Baked Beans on toast, but she does realise that she still has to go out to work 3 days a week to keep me in the lifestyle I am accustomed to.

I'm also fortunate she is not an FF member yet otherwise ***++$$££@@^%

Back