General BABY ISSUE - Please Help!!

Currently reading:
General BABY ISSUE - Please Help!!

dpw200

Hi. New to the forum and just a quick question .. my Wife has just found out that she's pregnant and she's also needs a new car quickly .. as she's loads of months to go we're ignoring the "must have 4 doors" advice and want something fun and something different from the obvious Mini Coop. ..... we know it's going to be tight but before we go for the Abarth can any Mums out there let me know if they can live with the 500 with a new born? Do the seats split?, can you get a pram in?, can you turn the front passenger air bag off? etc. Sorry if there's a thread I've missed but I'd much sooner hear from peeps that drive the car rather than the Dealer ... Thanks in advance. D

My abarth has split folding rear seats, you can turn off the passenger air bag. a pram will not fit unless you fold one of the rear seats down.
I came from a Fiat Bravo Multijet, 5 doors, huge deep boot and very comfortable and economical, reliable with plenty of power, cheap to run and now going pretty cheap to. A very under estimated car.

And congratulations on the news and welcome to the forum :)

And im not a mum or dad yet.

Last edited:
Theres a few threads in the other 500 section that may be of use to you. buggies that fit in tue back, isofix seat that fit in the back seats that type of stuff. on my phone so cant link them for you though sorry.

Last edited:
It is obviously not as practical as having a bigger a car but it is possible. If your looking for comfort and ease with a baby I would probably go with something bigger. It is more then possible though and I don't regret the purchase over the Bravo. My little ones are 4 and 3 now and there is plenty room in the back for them. I have even got back there and sat between them when we picked up an extra person. If you don't mind having a limited choice of baby seats/pushchairs and don't mind sliding the chairs back and forth to get baby out then go for it. If you think it will be too much hassle go for something bigger (y)

I had a F500 and it was fine for my 4 year old and even when the new baby came along, but after 6 months of faffing about with taking the wheels of pushchairs etc. I've chipped it for Abarth Punto. Much bigger booth (y) But if your mind if set on A500, go for it! Just make sure you have patience and more time to fit things in...

I thought the boot on the 500 was bigger than a mini so ask the same questions of both.

With the Minis getting uglier & uglier & can see values collapsing at some point

Hi. New to the forum and just a quick question .. my Wife has just found out that she's pregnant and she's also needs a new car quickly .. as she's loads of months to go we're ignoring the "must have 4 doors" advice and want something fun and something different from the obvious Mini Coop. ..... we know it's going to be tight but before we go for the Abarth can any Mums out there let me know if they can live with the 500 with a new born? Do the seats split?, can you get a pram in?, can you turn the front passenger air bag off? etc. Sorry if there's a thread I've missed but I'd much sooner hear from peeps that drive the car rather than the Dealer ... Thanks in advance. D

Sitting in the front its not easy to turn around and get bits from the back and I do Pilates, and you may be attending a crying baby. Also take into account a split seat may be down with a pushchair next to the newborn...

A500s are fantastic cars but I am not convinced its for a newborn, depending on your spending power get a decent 4 door oe SUV type and an A500 for fun. having said all that you can make it work in an Abarth 500.

Back