General Abbbbarth!

Currently reading:
General Abbbbarth!

So test drove the Abarth on Sunday....and I looovvved it. Could have taken one home there and then, however not particulary viable idea at the moment. Felt a lot quicker than my 1.2 and hardly made any impression on the turbo guage at all so I'm very intrigued to see what a proper thrash is like. So it seems I shall be heading down the road again come decemeber to get me one of those :). My mum was also rather taken with it and is seriously considering trading in her merc for one - aaah the charms of the little 500 :)!

So test drove the Abarth on Sunday....and I looovvved it. Could have taken one home there and then, however not particulary viable idea at the moment. Felt a lot quicker than my 1.2 and hardly made any impression on the turbo guage at all so I'm very intrigued to see what a proper thrash is like. So it seems I shall be heading down the road again come decemeber to get me one of those :). My mum was also rather taken with it and is seriously considering trading in her merc for one - aaah the charms of the little 500 :)!

It's a very fun car!

Did you drive the one with the Monza exhaust?

I'm going through on Saturday to get my B&M head unit replaced and Jaclyn has promised me a test drive in their demo with the Monza as I'm thinking of buying one to replace the standard exhaust.

No it was just the standard exhaust. Still loved it though. There was one sitting there that they'd just got in - 200bhp the guy said. From a 1.4? Honestly amazing. Was a red one with the white essesse wheels.

No it was just the standard exhaust. Still loved it though. There was one sitting there that they'd just got in - 200bhp the guy said. From a 1.4? Honestly amazing. Was a red one with the white essesse wheels.

I know the one you mean.

It was in the showroom when I went for my test drive, then they essessed it and made it their demo.

Can't wait to hear the Monza on Saturday, no doubt I'll end up buying it!

Look forward to seeing you on abarthisti and maybe at a meet one day!

Ah right, was very nice I must say! Was very impressed with the abarth garage aswell - they were so friendly, everyone commenting on my current 500 and coming to speak. Yup I hope to be on there one day in the near future - can't wait!

There is a 360 HP version too, highly, highly tuned though, can't imagine much of the original car is left! The one quoted (200BHP) can beat an Audi R8 on track too! :p

In Germany last week I spoke to a guy who had spent an astonishing amount of money on an Abarth engine. He had his up to 270bhp and he did that only with the benefit of the strengthened internals, forged crank and rods and pistons. And even then he managed to melt it. He's on his fourth rebuild at the moment and he's decided that 200bhp is the ideal max. Nutter but lovely gent.

In Germany last week I spoke to a guy who had spent an astonishing amount of money on an Abarth engine. He had his up to 270bhp and he did that only with the benefit of the strengthened internals, forged crank and rods and pistons. And even then he managed to melt it. He's on his fourth rebuild at the moment and he's decided that 200bhp is the ideal max. Nutter but lovely gent.
I know who you're talking about, if not, then it's another guy who has spent a fortune on his A500 and is running it at similar figures! G-tech ring any bells? ;)

go for it amy!. iv had mine 3 momths now and its best money iv ever spent.
i test drove it and thougth "got to have it now" and signed my life away.well worth it.the amout of heads it turns and randomers who have asked me about it at lights and petrol stations is amazing. sounds gawjus with the standard exhaust.i aint heard this monza one people are raving on about.only on youtube.

I keep thinking I should have bought a Jaguar. I've always wanted a Jaguar.
But every time I get in my A500 mini beast I am reminded why I love the darned thing. They are truly brilliant. Oh, and all my mates are dead jealous.

I keep thinking I should have bought a Jaguar. I've always wanted a Jaguar.
But every time I get in my A500 mini beast I am reminded why I love the darned thing. They are truly brilliant. Oh, and all my mates are dead jealous.

Ive got a 500 bhp Nissan sitting in the garage but I still enjoy sneaking off for a play in the Good ladies Abarth, cracking car :D:D

Back