Tuning Abarth Dump Valve

Currently reading:
Tuning Abarth Dump Valve

sikersh

Fiat and proud since 2005
I'm thinking of maybe changing the Dump Valve on the Abarth, yes I know its chavvy, but I loved it on my old Punto GT ;) :eek:

Just one query, where the bloody hell is it??

Took the pic below of what I presume to be it as there is nothing else inside the engine bay that resembles it...

DUMP_VALVE.jpg

To me this looks more like an ICV (Idle Control Valve).

Help!

Ta

IIRC, you can't change it as it interferes with something to do with the engine management.

you could upgrade it with an aftermarket recirc valve, and they're not 'chavvy' and doesn't interfere with the ecu or maf sensor

you could upgrade it with an aftermarket recirc valve, and they're not 'chavvy' and doesn't interfere with the ecu or maf sensor

speak to Forge - they have a Grane Punto 1.4 TJet development car and will be able to sort you out, even if it means developing something specific (y)

http://www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/content.asp?inc=product&catalog=060202&cat=060202

Cheers (y)

I had heard of the Forge 'Splitter' DV which would be ideal for the Abarth as you get the blow off as well as recirculation. I'll have a word with Forge just to make sure.

Ta

yes shame that the abarth doesnt make more of the whooshing sound between gears - is it just cos the turbo isnt at that high a pressure though to start with?

its because they're fitted with a recirculating dump valve as standard, although they don't run high boost anyway.

Sounds pretty good, still £300 is quite a lot for an induction kit! And you loose the nice plastic red engine cover with a Scorpion on it! ;) Are you sure the engine in the video hasn't had DV modification too to make this sound?

It is quite expensive I agree, but most Induction Kits are expensive, my old GSR Induction Kit for my Cinq was over £100.

The dump valve has been modified with a Filter supplied with the OTA BMC kit (y)

Back