General Equivalent BMW service HALF the price of Abarth 500 menu price!

Currently reading:
General Equivalent BMW service HALF the price of Abarth 500 menu price!

I don't think ~200 is scary bad for a service though. Plus you're possibly comparing a menu price with a non-menu price.

The only Abarth "service" under £200 is for a low mileage service i.e. an oil and filter change - hardly what you might call a "Service"

The cheapest price I've seen for a regular 18k Service on an A500 has been more like £275. (i.e. more than 50% more than a BMW 320d at £161 or about 25% more than an Alpina D3 at £216)

I really dread to think what the 36k service will be - I'm guessing it could be the wrong side of £400.

Last edited:
weasels don't need sparkplugs changed though and a set of quality sparkplugs is a big chunk of the difference in prices there.

Possibly true but I've always thought that on average weasels cost more to service than petrol cars?

Having said that other than a Civic cdti (which was retruned and rejected after 1000 miles) I've never owned a weasel so I am not an expert on this.

The only Abarth "service" under £200 is for a low mileage service i.e. an oil and filter change - hardly what you might call a "Service"

The cheapest price I've seen for a regular 18k Service on an A500 has been more like £275. (i.e. more than 50% more than a BMW 320d at £161 or about 25% more than an Alpina D3 at £216)

I really dread to think what the 36k service will be - I'm guessing it could be the wrong side of £400.
Shop around or do as I do and service items yourself @ shop4parts.co.uk and then get a local independent to do it for a fraction of the cost. Like venters says no sparkplugs also means big savings too.

Possibly true but I've always thought that on average weasels cost more to service than petrol cars?

Having said that other than a Civic cdti (which was retruned and rejected after 1000 miles) I've never owned a weasel so I am not an expert on this.

Diseasels are not much different in terms of servicing other than having no spark plugs and having glowplugs or in some cases not having glowplugs as it were. That said if you've got a DPF'ed diseasel you'll be in every other week having the oil changed!!!!!!

Back