Technical engine plates

Currently reading:
Technical engine plates

Andy, I think it's very unlikely you'll find any worth using. I think mine is good as a pattern. Do you mean the undershield and/or the cowlings that guide air to the radiator? I'm going to have to make copies of mine but that could be a while off.
I'll try and prioritise removing them next week so at least I can get images and dimensions.

Hi peter, I think I mean the undershields, but maybe rad scoop too? My problem is there was no tin work at all when I got the van. The engine/bootlid was shot so I put lots of 2inch holes in it and fitted an electric fan in the top lid(inside van above engine) in an attempt to aid cooling....it helped but was only ever to be temporary. Pics and dimensions would be great if you ever get the chance please peter, thanks

Andy, the intake scoop will need re-making, which is not beyond my ability, especially if I make it more square than the original. I am not quite so obsessive about getting it perfect as the amazing restorer on the link I gave.
The undershield has been replaced and is simply a sheet of steel which has been very roughly cut to shape. I can do better than that, but I its main purpose seems to be to keep all the pipes and the radiator bottom out of the road debris.
I'll give the scoop a go in the next couple of weeks and if it works I'll either send you the original as a pattern or if I'm feeling really co-operative, maybe I could make two?:D

Attachments

• MAL_8167[1].JPG
    MAL_8167[1].JPG
    5.3 MB · Views: 32
that would be great please Peter. The photos help a lot, was hard to visualize. Am about to start re-commissioning my camper ready for the spring after a year laid up. Have collected some sport stuff for engine so at some point plan to take engine in n out so hopin to do plates then.

The plates are essential for cooling. It stops the air that is pushed forward through the radiator and heated up just recirculating back through. It heads out the back of the vehicle. I used my van in hot mountainous areas of New Zealand and never had it overheat.

I had even put all the 850 sport bits on it and drove it hard.:D

I never bothered with any extra scoops. Fit the plates and you will be fine.(y)

Back