Technical doors not closing correctly amigo 900t

Currently reading:
Technical doors not closing correctly amigo 900t

pedalb0y

Hello all,
ive had a problem with my 900t that I inherited when I bought the vehicle, the doors wont close correctly, they shut but from the outside they dont look fully closed, they wont come open when driving, its all of them drivers passenger and side door to rear, ive tried adjusting the striker plate,and taking the door rubbers off and still the same.um...........running out of ideas

any one else had this problem,

As it awaits restoration, my van also has doors that fit badly, probably in way you describe. I removed the rubber from the passenger door and now it sits just right.
The side door is such a weak construction that with all the additional weakness brought about by corrosion, I am replacing it completely.
I think the problem may be simply because the doors are so flexible and the hinges are very primitive. If they have ever been caught by the wind there may be some distortion.
There are ways to force distorted hinges back into place but unless you have experience of doing that, you could make it worse.
Can you put on some photos of the problem?

hey thanks for this, i will try and get some pics of them, you might be right re the quality and primative natrue of the doors and hinges,

hi pedalboy i had your exact problem when i was restoring lillblue my wifes 900t
if you look inside the door frame tou will notice 3 philips headed screws on the hinges, there is a considerable amount of adjustment there, i also found that making 18 gauge shims to slot in gave the final adjustment i needed after i replaced all the door rubbers with new ones, door shut soundly and seal great
hopefully this will help a little, as there was no real info available when i started out on my resto
lillblue just passed her 3rd mot with no advisories, she was layed up for 20+years in norwich

good luck with your project

Back