General Spray job almost complete... ?

Currently reading:
General Spray job almost complete... ?

ImageUploadedByFIAT Forum1439600153.422811.jpgImageUploadedByFIAT Forum1439600191.124123.jpg

How she was...ImageUploadedByFIAT Forum1439600258.672746.jpgImageUploadedByFIAT Forum1439600274.129984.jpg

it looks great well done for getting it that far

can you tell me whats that bar on the top of the roof at the back

cheers john

Days out and nights away in Peak District near me. Went on M40 to Cotswolds last year and soon realised due to delivery van origins gearing set up only for B roads. Running less rich for MOT and reduce cabin fumes so hoping it still gets up hills!

I have only driven mine a mile down the lane and back and gearing was the least of my concerns...woolly handling being the issue I didn't get on with. But low gears are possible essential in any case because the weight of my giant roof together with the camping innards as well as the stuff of daily life means it will weigh a tonne. (more than that actually). Even my enormous 903cc engine will struggle with that so low gearing will help.:):)

My experience with the 500, a modern Panda and the Cinquecento is that engines and gear ratios are well balanced on Fiats.

Last edited:
I think that is the handling! Best two up, but still with a fair amount of direction adjustment with the wheel. You get used to the 1960s delivery van steering and go with it, or hang on. Once you consider all the weight is at the back and you're sitting perched high on top of the front wheels ?

I used to run Connie with a full water tank and tried to keep the fuel tank at least half-full. This helps to keep the centre of gravity lower and improves handling albeit at the cost of slightly higher fuel consumption.

I'll also be putting adjustable shocks on as part of the rebuild so I can attempt to improve the handling. Try hitting a speed bump at anything higher than walking pace and you used to hit your head on the roof and looked like a ball bouncing down the road.

Days out and nights away in Peak District near me. Went on M40 to Cotswolds last year and soon realised due to delivery van origins gearing set up only for B roads. Running less rich for MOT and reduce cabin fumes so hoping it still gets up hills!
I took my 84 Pandora to Scotland last year, with 4 adults for a week! best bit was defeating shap! loved every minute of it. been all about north wales this year with my kids. love the roof rack idea... wonder if I can manage something similar with Pandora roof?

Back