General New owner nearly

Currently reading:
General New owner nearly

h7ust

Hi all. I've just bought a 900t, picking up in a week or so and was wondering where to get panels from, first off I need an offside rear corner repair panel. Tried ricambio but he only has n/s ones. Any help would be great and especially on what people substitute the rear arches with.
Many thanks
Justin.

Hello, have a look at my resto thread of my 850t, you might find it useful. If you spend some time on Italian ebay you will find most of the panels that you need but they are a little pricey with the postage! When I changed the rear wheel arches on my van I used ford mk2 capri arches, as they seemed to have a similar profile to the originals. Do you have any photos of the van you are getting? I also might have that rear corner panel that you need, I will need to hunt for it in the garage and check what side it is for and get back to you.

Hi, thanks for the reply. I've had a look and you're resto and its impressive. My late dad had the 850 when I was young and we had a some great times in her.
The one I've bought is advertised on here, it's a proper barn find since 1992.

If you could have a look for the panel that would be great, thanks

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByFIAT Forum1374854490.529647.jpg
    ImageUploadedByFIAT Forum1374854490.529647.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 69
Obviously the pic above is of my old mans I will get some pics of mine on soon

Got the camper. Am looking for some panels and maybe an engine. What's the best forum/ website to speak to owners of these?

Started rubbing the emulsion beige paint off with scolding water and a scotch pad. The original paint is in good condition so it won't take to much to get the top half in some decent paint.
Engines off to machine shop this week to see if the seized pistons have damaged the bores too much and if it will oversize.

Last edited:
Little bit of an update, down to bare metal on most bits now a dusting of etch primer should be ok till I get some primer and top colour on.ImageUploadedByFIAT Forum1376240857.635444.jpg

good luck with all that, what's it like for rust? probably know the answer to that one!

I have an 850T like your Dads, sitting in a friends shed waiting for some attention but have a house and another car that are demanding my time at the moment!!

It's really good underneath even brake pipes are good. It's mainly the front and rear corners. Probably need a need hatch panel but I think it'll repair good enough.

Hi. I'm after an engine now as the one that was in has not got enough meat on the bores to clean them up. Any leads would be great. Cheers

That's a shame about the engine! If only these engines did not turn CCW then you would have plenty of options, as it is I am no expert but I don't think there is much difference in the actual block from your engine and a 903cc engine that is fitted to later fiats, uno, panda, 127 ect.
my plan for when my engine bites the bullet is to fit a VW type one gearbox from a beetle and then get an adaptor plate made so I can fit a 1300 FIRE engine or something similar.

I'm going to have it sleeved on the two pots that are damaged as even finding a panda or 127 engine is proving hard.
Did you still want to sell that panel?

I'm going to have it sleeved on the two pots that are damaged as even finding a panda or 127 engine is proving hard.
Did you still want to sell that panel?

Yes mate still wanting to sell the panel, I will post a photo on here tomorrow to make sure its what you want, then we can sort out paypal.
p.s I have only ever used paypal through ebay so you might need to explain what I need to do to receive a payment from you... cheers (y)

Hi mate just send me you're email address thas linked to youre paypal account via messages on here and ill just send you the money.
Thanks a lot

Back