General New owner nearly

Currently reading:
General New owner nearly

Looks like ill be doing both outriggers too and removing the pop riveted sheet of steel that's been wrapped round the originals. Time for more mig wire

Looks like ill be doing both outriggers too and removing the pop riveted sheet of steel that's been wrapped round the originals. Time for more mig wire

:eek: any photos of this weeks latest bodge, when was your van last on the road? if it was recently it don't sound like it should have passed the M.O.T...

:eek: any photos of this weeks latest bodge, when was your van last on the road? if it was recently it don't sound like it should have passed the M.O.T...

Ill get some when I lower water tank, I really don't know how people get away with shoddy craftsmanship. It was last on the road in 92 but I would have thought not standards were ok then to spot riveted outrigger repairs. The steel they've used is thinner than body steel too. Glad I've got some 2.5 mm plate to use.
I reckon they've used about a grands worth of underseal too but it just doesn't hide a lot.
Looked under front and apart from a dodgy offside lower corner it is nice and solid.

Good luck with engine. Hope all ok. Are you going to restore as a camper van? With tho pop top etc

Yeah it's going to be a camper still for me and little lad to have a few nights in now and again.( he's not mine so I can't take him abroad as I cannot get permission even though his proper dad has seen him no more than 5 times and he's just turned 3) I thought this would be the next best thing.
Fingers crossed the engine will be ok but I wish those breaking cars could take an engine out and courier it in less than 2 weeks. Especially with the engine being so easy to remove.

Disaster today. Welder blew up :-(. What sort of welder are you good people using. It's got to be a gasless one, the one that's blown up was a clarke 151en and it has earnt its money but haven't really got the spare £270 at the mo for a new one of those.

Engines in a running after just a few tweaks of the distributor. Well happy. New welder should arrive this week too so back on with it.

Arch welded in just a bit of filler to blend now ImageUploadedByFIAT Forum1381128436.756071.jpg

And so to the other sill. Another bodge with pop rivets holding it on the top and coach bolts holding the lower edge to inner sill which also was pop riveted into placeImageUploadedByFIAT Forum1393055408.807581.jpg
Loving how a piece if the inner sill is welded on the outer

If anyone can help I'm after a fuel tank sender unit. Both front sill sections repair panels, front and rear chrome bumpers and a front drivers door. For my amigo 900t

Does anyone have 850 headlights and bowls and also round front indicators of an 850t.
Thanks

Would anyone be so kind as to measure there headlight on an 850t. Thanks and would anyone know if the headlight chrome ring is the same as on a 850 car

What was the rear badge that adorned the 850t?

Back