Tuning Scooby Doo Amigo Engine Trouble

Currently reading:
Tuning Scooby Doo Amigo Engine Trouble

nickfielding

Hey, My recently purchased amigo campervan has an over heating problem. Does anybody know if this is a common occurance? I have flushed the radiator and filled it with a anti-freeze/water mix. Have also re-fitted the heat shield which had been removed however it is still not too good. Top speed is about 55-60mph which is fine however it can only do this for about 20 minutes before over heating. If I go at 30-40 it can last about 45 minutes before over heating.

Any ideas on what else I can do to it? maybe replace the engine with a slightly more powerful and more functional one?

Cheers for any help,
Nick

Hi Nick and welcome.
Any idea which engine is fitted.
Can you see any mayonaise in the oil filler cap.
Are you using any water or oil.
What did the old water look like when you flushed it through.
Any other info will help.

Thanks for the reply's.

The thermostat looks okay as far as I can see. There is no mayo either. Water when it came out was very rusty looking, had bits in too. Once I had flushed it out for 15 minutes it changed to a very slight orange colour.

How would I know if the radiator needed replacing?

If water was still coming out orange then that's crap from inside the radiator. Try flushing it again until the water runs clear, then check condition again after a week or so. If it's still coming out orange then rad's probably pooped.

Have you taken the thermostat out and checked to make sure it opens/closes properly?

Back