General Fiat 850T (FARGO?) CAMPER ESTATE 1972

Currently reading:
General Fiat 850T (FARGO?) CAMPER ESTATE 1972

OK, I give in posting images only for them to disappear the next day...

Good evening,

I had a he'll of a time uploading pictures. An hour looking up help, loading to an album gallery and then inserting into thread. Very frustrating but got it in the end.

If you have the time to try again I would very much appreciate seeing your photos. I couldn't find any scoop on the radiator or an engine number. I still can't find a vin number either which is worrying as I think it is an mot requirement.

The only number I've found so far is 100GBC on the engine blotch, which I believe refers to the engine type which is an 850 special?

Hi, I used to own this van and still own a couple. It's actually a 'Fiesta' conversion and gave me may happy camping trips until I sold it about 7 years ago. I bought it from Stoke on Trent in the mid 90's. I did quite a lot of restoration work on it though I think it's had a lot of work done since also. If it's overheating I'd start by fitting the thermostat, then I'd check the 'scoop' & plates are in place. The scoop actually gets rid of warm air and the plates stop the warm air re-entering the engine bay. If it's still a problem try compression testing the cylinders to see if there's a leak in the head gasket as the heads (aluminium) can be prone to warping, particularly if it's been overheated already (ironically). If still running hot try flushing out the cooling system (including back-flushing the pipes to the heater down the length of the van) and finally have the radiator re-cored (the radiator is removed by slotting out from underneath the van once the 'scoop' is removed). Hope this helps. By all means email me (I think you can view my email address on my profile, let me know if not) if you want to know any more about the van. Cheers, Andy

Back