Register Login
iNETFX Domain Registration - COM/NET/ORG £6.50 a year!
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #1
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 48
Thanks: 1
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
Red face Camera Warnings - Driving me Loopy...

Love my 500X, apart from 1 most annoying part...

The Speed Camera warning beeping, I thought I could live with it at first, but it has just got to the point where it is pretty much useless...

It goes off.. Beeep... Beeep... Beeep... Beeep... Beeep... Beeep... etc etc..

And there is not a bloody camera in sight, it has got to the point now where I just ignore it and don't change my speed or even look for a camera because I know 9 times out of ten there won't be one...

That is dangerous for the 1 out of 10 times when there is a camera...

I go over J10 of the M6 every day, and approaching that junction I get about 30 Beeps... leaving the junction I get another 30 Beeps... and not a bloomin Camera in sight..

Same thing driving up the M1, not a camera in sight not even the average speed ones and Beeep... Beeep... Beeep... Beeep....ARGH....

Now I know that if I turn my phone off that it won't happen but then that kinda makes the whole UConnect system redundant...

There must be a way to turn off the Camera Warnings without having to switch my phone off? I have changed all my settings on the Tom Tom and switched off all warnings, but still Beeep...Beeep...Beeep...Beeep...

The whole thing is absolutely spoiling what is otherwise a brilliant car...
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

Starbucks Junkie is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #2
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: United Kingdom.
Posts: 95
Thanks: 3
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
Re: Camera Warnings - Driving me Loopy...

Mine is set to alert me, but doesn't! Just another Fiat quirk I'm guessing!!
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

butcha is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #3
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 276
Thanks: 8
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
Re: Camera Warnings - Driving me Loopy...

Quote Originally Posted by Starbucks Junkie View Post
Love my 500X, apart from 1 most annoying part...

The Speed Camera warning beeping, I thought I could live with it at first, but it has just got to the point where it is pretty much useless...

It goes off.. Beeep... Beeep... Beeep... Beeep... Beeep... Beeep... etc etc..

And there is not a bloody camera in sight, it has got to the point now where I just ignore it and don't change my speed or even look for a camera because I know 9 times out of ten there won't be one...

That is dangerous for the 1 out of 10 times when there is a camera...

I go over J10 of the M6 every day, and approaching that junction I get about 30 Beeps... leaving the junction I get another 30 Beeps... and not a bloomin Camera in sight..

Same thing driving up the M1, not a camera in sight not even the average speed ones and Beeep... Beeep... Beeep... Beeep....ARGH....

Now I know that if I turn my phone off that it won't happen but then that kinda makes the whole UConnect system redundant...

There must be a way to turn off the Camera Warnings without having to switch my phone off? I have changed all my settings on the Tom Tom and switched off all warnings, but still Beeep...Beeep...Beeep...Beeep...

The whole thing is absolutely spoiling what is otherwise a brilliant car...


Is it just me? Is it another quirk? I can get rid of the beeps by setting the alerts to 'Speeding' but the damn thing thing doesn't remember the settings and I often drive off without remembering to change them.

I've read somewhere that it's a software glitch, but they've had plenty of time to fix that if so.
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

Alanw47 is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #4
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 48
Thanks: 1
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
Re: Camera Warnings - Driving me Loopy...

Quote Originally Posted by Alanw47 View Post
Is it just me? Is it another quirk? I can get rid of the beeps by setting the alerts to 'Speeding' but the damn thing thing doesn't remember the settings and I often drive off without remembering to change them.

I've read somewhere that it's a software glitch, but they've had plenty of time to fix that if so.
I have the 'Speeding ' function set to on to alert me whenever I go 20MPH over the Speed Limit for the road I'm on, but still get the bloomin Camera alerts..

I cant bear it anymore...
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

Starbucks Junkie is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #5
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 276
Thanks: 8
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
Re: Camera Warnings - Driving me Loopy...

Quote Originally Posted by Starbucks Junkie View Post
I have the 'Speeding ' function set to on to alert me whenever I go 20MPH over the Speed Limit for the road I'm on, but still get the bloomin Camera alerts..

I cant bear it anymore...


Have you found the SECOND set of settings within Live? Click on the Purple Live button and a whole new sub menu opens up for Camera Alerts which seems to override the uConnect one if uConnect Live is active
Likes robotdancer liked this post
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

Alanw47 is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #6
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 48
Thanks: 1
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
Re: Camera Warnings - Driving me Loopy...

Quote Originally Posted by Alanw47 View Post
Have you found the SECOND set of settings within Live? Click on the Purple Live button and a whole new sub menu opens up for Camera Alerts which seems to override the uConnect one if uConnect Live is active
Where is the Purple Live button located, which screen?
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

Starbucks Junkie is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #7
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 276
Thanks: 8
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
Camera Warnings - Driving me Loopy...

Quote Originally Posted by Starbucks Junkie View Post
Where is the Purple Live button located, which screen?


On the home Menu screen for NAV

It changes from Info to Live and changes colour when uConnect Live is active
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides


Last edited by Alanw47; 2 Weeks Ago at 13:19.
Alanw47 is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #8
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Yorkshire
Posts: 151
Thanks: 9
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
Re: Camera Warnings - Driving me Loopy...

Ditto above, I use the settings within nav and have it set to warn me only if I'm speeding. Much more peaceful in the car now. Only flaw is that on smart motorways with variable limits it defaults to 70.
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

robotdancer is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #9
Ohhh my, yes.
 
Garree001's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,226
Thanks: 33
Trader Rating: 0
Garree001 has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: Camera Warnings - Driving me Loopy...

Mine started when I got uConnect Live services activated. I changed the nav settings and the live settings to no avail. The bleeps just wouldn't shut up - even when I changed the settings at the start of each journey. There's one section of the A30 that make the car sound like a heart monitor for a good minute or so. Drives me insane.

Long story short - the only way I could disable the bleeps was by uninstalling the accompanying app on my phone. I found Live services to be clunky, slow and annoying anyway so don't feel like I am missing anything.
Likes Starbucks Junkie liked this post
__________________
Quote Originally Posted by karbineftw View Post
It sure looks like it's erect from my angle.
Quote Originally Posted by volxstu View Post
Hit somebody at 50.. they die. Hit somebody at 60.. they die quicker.
Signature by alexh365
Garree001 is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Reply
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Fag Warnings. maddogmorg Leisure Lounge 16 07-10-2008 21:55
(G) Catalyst warnings? Dominion Stilo 5 03-12-2006 19:14
(T) Fault Warnings - Help Please Seany Stilo 1 17-02-2005 10:29
Creaking dashboard driving me LOOPY! Stu Cook FIAT Boo Archives 6 14-02-2005 15:35