Technical LCD

Currently reading:
Technical LCD

Leigh0403

Hi everyone, can you help I have a 2010 Fiat 500 and the LCD has gone all strange picture below/ The rev counter is still workig and petrol light comes on
lcd.jpg

Hi everyone, can you help I have a 2010 Fiat 500 and the LCD has gone all strange picture below/ The rev counter is still workig and petrol light comes on
View attachment 445142
This is a known faliure point on these cars at this age! it is possible to strip the unit apart and fit a replacement screen you can purchase from E-BAY or the like for around £100- its been documented on these forums before maybe one of the moderators could post you a link! to the guide!

Your car manual or auto?
Getting a second hand cluster is straightforward and then needs proxi alignment to install it, just get one with a lower stated mileage than yours, if you have a auto that really complicates things

I'm not a fan..

I replaced a cluster in my Stilo once; The stepper motors failed, which is fairly common.. but the Post Office lost my parcel after I'd sent it to be repaired.

The second-hand replacement one was great for about 2 weeks.. then the stepper motor failed.... 🫣 I thought my car might be killing instrument clusters... but at least luckily I hadn't spent money on getting the mileage corrected.

Anyhow, I had that one repaired, mileage-adjusted and proxy aligned it... and it's been perfect since.

Old ones are still old.. and the cost/hassle/mileage/proxy align etc. is more hassle than just posting it (tracked and insured) in my opinion.

Ralf S.

Back