Technical Hello , I have a 2014 Fiat Doblo 1.6 . Bought it in December 2023 with 150 000 km on the clock.major problem , engine cuts out,says low oil pressure.

Currently reading:
Technical Hello , I have a 2014 Fiat Doblo 1.6 . Bought it in December 2023 with 150 000 km on the clock.major problem , engine cuts out,says low oil pressure.

Gary l

Hello
I have a Fiat Doblo 2014 .150 000kms on clock.
Major problems,cuts out while driving,says low oil pressure,stop &start not engaging.
It's getting worse.
Mechanic replaced fuel filter,was grand for a week now playing up again.
Please any advice.

Thank you

Hello Gary, 🙂

The 1.6 is a bit of a novelty, only really seen in the Doblo, but found in SOME puntos

The 1.3 is a massive seller, so far more info and experience out there

My 1st thought would be Electrical..
But at 150 k /@115 miles significant mechanical wear is still quite likely.

Diagnosis..
Were these just messages flashing over the dashboard panel..?

Did you get any corresponding Error / Fault codes from the Mechanic via the OBD Port?

I seem to recall the oil pump is "variable displacement", and has given some warnings, but you have other codes/ messages also

So wouldn't wade straight in to the Oil circuit..

A regular on here has run a similar vehicle for a while, and will no doubt fill in some of the gaps 🙂

My 1st thought would be Electrical..
But at 150 k /@115 miles significant mechanical wear is still quite likely.

I would not say significant, materilas , manufacturing and engineering tolerances improved after the 80's considerable. if maintained an engine should go on for hundreds of thousands of miles. Some components do have a lifespan and need periodic replacement though as par of that maintenance.

So your gettign Low Oil Presure warning, but you don't say if the Oil and Filter have been changed??? or if a Guage reading of the oil presure has been done? or if the Oil presure switch has been changed?

My view is the low oil pressure warning is a result of the engine stalling.
The engine is designed to keep running even if oil pressure low.
Fix the cutting out and the oil pressure warning should resolve its self.

Back