Good memories

Currently reading:
Good memories

Ken Pole

Having many pleasant memories of a 1969 124 purchased off the showroom floor, I recently purchased a 1978 which requires work beneath its very solid body: new exhaust, carburetor, top, sun visors and sundry gaskets, etc. That said, I have encountrered a weird problem, i.e. determining the thread on the battery box cover hold-down. I've ried a few metric and standard nuts to no avail and the threads seems to be undamaged. Help! Please and thanks in advance.

Hi and welcome, 🙂

That car predates my FIAT experience

Diameter and Pitch will tell you all you need to know.. 🤔

Maybe lay a Modern bolt alongside this stud.. It should lay in the thread grooves if you have the correct pitch 😉

Being in Canada - I think you should have a resonable choice to try 🙂

This post in the 124 section may help a little, most of these posts are still active members on here 😊

Last edited:
Can anyone tell me which model Weber this is. Note the tube at the top left with WEBER name cast into the body just below. I can't find a Model number; I scoped around the underside. Thanks in advance for any help.

Attachments

• IMG_3299.jpeg
    IMG_3299.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 5
Weber carburettors usually have the full model number stamped into the bottom mounting flange i.e. just above the gasket surface.

Reactions: ben
Weber carburettors usually have the full model number stamped into the bottom mounting flange i.e. just above the gasket surface.
Thanks for that. I finally found it after yanking the carb and cleaning years of oil/dust accumulation. New one going in and I may keep the original for a rebuild.

Back