Technical Ducato 2.8 won't start

Currently reading:
Technical Ducato 2.8 won't start

Sorry about my absence been away from the beast for a few days.
I've now ordered and am waiting to receive a new pressure regulator which I'll fit on Tuesday/Wednesday of the coming week.
Since my last post I've had the cover off my ECU and inspected the male and female connector's which like the other parts of this vehicles electrical system appears to be in immaculate condition and shows no sign of damage or corrosion. The next episode of this riveting saga will be posted Wednesday or perhaps Thursday of next week.
It would seem I've not answered a couple of questions posted earlier in this thread please except my apologies.
The fuel filter is a metal canister type as to egr valve I don't know what I'm looking for or where .
A pointer in the right direction wouldn't go Amis's.
Once again many many thanks for any and all helpful comments

Sorry about my absence been away from the beast for a few days.
I've now ordered and am waiting to receive a new pressure regulator which I'll fit on Tuesday/Wednesday of the coming week.
Since my last post I've had the cover off my ECU and inspected the male and female connector's which like the other parts of this vehicles electrical system appears to be in immaculate condition and shows no sign of damage or corrosion. The next episode of this riveting saga will be posted Wednesday or perhaps Thursday of next week.
It would seem I've not answered a couple of questions posted earlier in this thread please except my apologies.
The fuel filter is a metal canister type as to egr valve I don't know what I'm looking for or where .
A pointer in the right direction wouldn't go Amis's.
Once again many many thanks for any and all helpful comments
I have noted the fuel filter as metal cannister type. As regards the EGR I believe that this was an option. If fitted there will be a debimeter (air mass flow sensor) with electrical connection in the air filter output hose. Also please see attached diagam, in which the italics are mine, The diagram is looking at the rear of the engine. The cooler (3) is mounted over the inlet manifold, and the valve (5) is towards the RHS of the vehicle.

I hope that the new regulator works for you, but you are jumping two steps at a time. Testing the regulator and wiring would have been easier than changing it.
Please do be aware that the hp fuel system operates at up tp 1350 Bar, or 19580 psi.

No unfortunately the new regulator has also made no difference.
And there appears to be no egr valve present.
Wiring diagrams and pin outs would be most welcome.

New fault showed up tonight

Attachments

• PXL_20240528_193543872.MP.jpg
    PXL_20240528_193543872.MP.jpg
    6.4 MB · Views: 6
No unfortunately the new regulator has also made no difference.
And there appears to be no egr valve present.
Wiring diagrams and pin outs would be most welcome.
I have attached what I hope are the correct wiring diagrams for your engine, annotations and corrections are mine.A also included are pinout for ECU, and my colour code chart. More information is available online here. However some of the other diagrams are unreadable, and main description texts are cropped. See diagram E5050 - 2b for hp regulator, and 3rd piston solenoid.

The new fault appears to relate to the hp pump 3rd piston deactivation solenoid. It is the other electrical device on the hp pump. Possible causes include wiring/connector being disturbed, rodent damage, low battery voltage, severe cable harness damage due to long term dampness (internally corroded wires have been reported, which is why I suggested a continuity check for elimination).

Attachments

• eLearn E5050-1a Engine Management Canister Filter.pdf
    125.8 KB · Views: 6
  • eLearn E5050-2b Engine Management without EGR.pdf
    998.2 KB · Views: 4
  • Ducato 2.8 JTD ECU Pinout.pdf
    116.3 KB · Views: 8
  • Fiat Wiring Colour Codes.pdf
    70.1 KB · Views: 6
Back