Technical Yes, another oil thread!

Currently reading:
Technical Yes, another oil thread!

Hi I might just try millers for my next service what was the grade you used
Millers XF Premium C2 0W30 fully synthetic, product code 7997.

Attachments

• tempImageGF56U7.png
    tempImageGF56U7.png
    13.2 MB · Views: 12
The twin air sounds like a very badly designed engine, the oil grade should not be as critical in any engine.

The twin air sounds like a very badly designed engine, the oil grade should not be as critical in any engine.
It was an excellent device for emissions

Jag were looking at employing it on their V8's

The Ford equivalent seems far worse in SERVICE.... "ecoburst", we had one of those Dead at 94k with a FSH

Plenty of high miles TA's on here..

ALL modern cars have too much tech..
So you have to opt for something you have SOME faith in..

Vexorg, this leaflet explains the multi air system.
Note the section on the oil temperate sensor.
Unless the viscosity of oil you are using exactly matches the map in the ECU across all the temperature range, the multi air system won’t operate correctly.
So presumable the viscosity map of the Millers XF is very close to the Selenia map, where as the Shell ECT or Castrol Magnetec don’t have the same viscosity curves.

Attachments

• Uniair.pdf
    2 MB · Views: 15
Knowing how it works doesn't make it a good system. Like egr and dpf, it's reliability at the cost of some emissions.
Variable valve control has been around for years, the implimentation by fiat just seems to be very poor.

Twin air/ Multi air? it's a very clever idea and I like the flexibility it gives in controlling valve timing. However would I own one? almost certainly not.

If I were buying something "special" and performance orientated I'd be more inclined to entertain something which might prove "temperamental". However, for a daily driver/run around motor, I want something simple which is much less likely to go wrong - and if it does it should be as cheap as possible to repair. That's why I've always bought into the FIRE engines.

Of course this whole philosophy towards the cars I buy would seem to be rather blown apart when you consider the fact I've just bought a Skoda Scala which has a small modern direct injection petrol engine - you can't get anything much more complicated than one of these small, turboed, direct injection petrol engines no matter which manufacturer's brand you choose. I can only say in my defence that I extensively researched the options before buying and that the VAG EA211 engine family came out considerably in front of all the rest in terms of reliability and ease of repair/maintenance. So, I've made my bed and now I'll lie in it! If we have to buy another "run around vehicle" - for instance if something too expensive to repair happens to Becky - I'll be looking for a late model, FIRE engine'd (1.2) Panda.

I want something simple which is much less likely to go wrong - and if it does it should be as cheap as possible to repair.
That was a similar view as to why we changed juke for the 1.0 turbo to the hybrid. The hybrid uses nissan's old 1.6 non-turbo 4 cylinder engine. But again like you, the electrical part of the hybrid system is probably not that simple either :ROFLMAO:

Knowing how it works doesn't make it a good system. Like egr and dpf, it's reliability at the cost of some emissions.
Variable valve control has been around for years, the implementation by fiat just seems to be very poor.
We agree. Post 12 refers.

Too clever for its own good because it relies on a constant that's actually a variable!

Back