Technical Fiat 500 2008 Instrument Cluster failure.

Currently reading:
Technical Fiat 500 2008 Instrument Cluster failure.

Alexier

Hi all.

I bought a very cheap 500 with a knacked instrument cluster (so I know the price to get a new one)

I've looked at the back wiring and noticed that the wires are broken off. Does this have anything to do with the cluster and if so (very long shot I know) can I just try and put the wires together or get new wiring and do myself?

Any help (as always) gratefully accepted.

Alex :)

IMG_4280.JPG

Hi all.

I bought a very cheap 500 with a knacked instrument cluster (so I know the price to get a new one)

I've looked at the back wiring and noticed that the wires are broken off. Does this have anything to do with the cluster and if so (very long shot I know) can I just try and put the wires together or get new wiring and do myself?

Any help (as always) gratefully accepted.

Alex :)

View attachment 445241
The tailgate wiring Is servicable 👍

Kits are available

Search "maybelline" on here for some hints 😊

This is extremely common and sadly if the wrong wires touch it can cause damage to other electronic components which can result in a very costly repair bill.

My advice to you is to disconnect the battery negative terminal now (you can open the hatch using the emergency manual release), and under no circumstances attempt to drive the car again until the wiring has been repaired.

You'll need to cut away the damaged part of the loom and splice in new lengths of cables; just trying to reconnect what's there won't work.

Update for everyone. Hubby did a good job on the wiring at the back with a kit that Veresecrazy was speaking about. Panel now on with a couple of issues you might be able to help with.

We've also changed the fuse (he lost 2 on the way as his hands are quite large haha and it's a fiddly area)

So as you'll see from the photo the milage is flashing (It's changing but flashing) is this normal?

Also there's a yellow warning triangle? Does anyone know what this is?

Any help as always very happily accepted.
IMG_4316.JPG

Try disconnecting the battery again for 30 mins otherwise it will need proxi alignment to stop it flashing.
Turn off the lights( why are they on ) restart the car look for a message, report back
Thanks I’ll give that a go in the morning and report back! 👍 I tried to see if the lights would show up and forgot to turn them off (midlife brain haha) ☺️

Back