Technical How to fit a 16v Fire engine in a Panda

Currently reading:
Technical How to fit a 16v Fire engine in a Panda

should i put a live to 1 side of the festoon bulb and the blue/white to the other side?

want that mean a 12v currant will run through the blue/white wire blowing toe code box? plus were do i watch the vid you made thanks

found the video on youtube nice 1 for that mate **** hot:slayer::slayer: il do everthing like what you have it like just to see if it starts tidy it all up after.
(y)

alright mate iv gone and tryed everything you have told me and what is happening is the light is flashing and when i turn the key the light is going off instantly not staying on for 1 second like it should???? any ideas thanks

GOOD GUIDE MATEE !!!
im undergoing a similar project.
for now all i can say is
a MASSIVE thanks to Damon for help all round.
and especially help on wiring !!!! :) 😋 :slayer: :worship:

and i have some info too...

making the mounts is NOT easy.
i took me nearly a day to make both the gearbox mounts.
there is no room on the wing mount to hang the box off it.
you have you change it to upward and going down either side of the box.

i will know more when she is driving.
the gearlink was ok to make ,made alot easyer by welding.
its no direct fit, and the main rod and small lever need changing in length.
and the actual axle off the gear stick to the bulkhead needs straightening in the vice. cos its quite curvy.

currently im making a full 2" exhaust with one good sports backbox.
i will know more soon..

aran.
Yep great information there ,done same

Hey you all!

Sorry for lifting this from the dead, but has been such a resourceful thread that I thought I might get the best help here!
I'm currently in the last stages of swapping my 1242 16V/C514 gearbox combo and am not able to get the car started. Picture is just some eye candy, current state is further along! ;)

I'm as far as when trying to start the car the starter is cranking, as well as the fuel pump priming!
I think I wired up the code box as well as the Punto engine loom side the correct way, I even added a bulb to the blue/white cable of the code box to check things.
With the key in the off position it blinks constantly, when turning the ignition on it ever so slightly turns on very dimly for a split second (Less than Dragon Man descried/showed in his video) and then turns off entirely - so I'm still assuming the immobilizer is being lifted.
Since the fuel pump isn't priming with the Punto key removed from the aerial, but does so with it in place, is another reason for me believing that the immobilizer is being lifted.

I'm also relatively sure I hear the white relay box clicking (am alone, so trouble shooting isn't as straight forward while turning the ignition or cranking).

Also checked that the ignition live from the Panda loom (in my case a blue cable with black dots going into orange/white at the original Panda plug) stays on while cranking with a multimeter.

Is it correct that the red cable from the Punto loom isn't used at all and the red/black one is sufficient for constant power?

Just to be certain, this is how i connected everything:
Red/black from Punto loom together with red from Punto code box to battery + on Panda with 30A fuse (constant live)
Orange from Punto loom together with orange from Punto code box to blue/black (later orange/white) on Panda (iginition live)
Black from Punto loom together with black from Punto code box to chassis earth on Panda (earth)
Brown/white from Punto loom to brown/white on Panda (fuel pump)
Grey/green from Punto loom to grey/green on Punto code box (ok signal)

Left untouched on Punto loom:
Red, green/white, pink/yellow, blue, blue/black, grey/yellow, grey/black, grey/white

Any ideas where my problem could lie, or what else to check?

Thanks heaps all of you, really looking forward to finally drive the finished car! :)

All the best from Germany!
Fabian

Attachments

• PXL_20240322_081145224_resize.jpg
    PXL_20240322_081145224_resize.jpg
    228.8 KB · Views: 5
Back